LMAO WTF LOL OMG!

knightni

The last story is priceless:

The consequences of misunderstanding the lingo can be mortifying. Cassandra McSparin, 23, of Jim Thorpe, Pa., knew a woman whose friend’s mother had died. The woman texted her friend: “I’m so sorry to hear about your mother passing away. LOL. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.”

It turns out she thought LOL meant “Lots of love.”

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 11:52 PM)
ROFLMAO remains my favorite piece of internet lingo. I try to use it in everyday i speech.

ROFLTEUVADIAPOP

Rolling on the floor laughing that I end up vomiting and drowning in a puddle of puke

The consequences of misunderstanding the lingo can be mortifying. Cassandra McSparin, 23, of Jim Thorpe, Pa., knew a woman whose friend’s mother had died. The woman texted her friend: “I’m so sorry to hear about your mother passing away. LOL. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.”

It turns out she thought LOL meant “Lots of love.”

FAIL.

Bert Martinez Communications LLC, a Houston-based consulting firm, hired a 20-year-old and two teenagers last fall to help teach texting vernacular to its staff of six. “It gave us the confidence that we could use the lingo and connect with the younger clientele on their level,” says Bert Martinez, president of the firm, which now conducts about 20% of its communication with clients via texting.

wtf?? LMAO @ noobs

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
ROFLTEUVADIAPOP

Rolling on the floor laughing that I end up vomiting and drowning in a puddle of puke

Haha, I just started laughing so much at my desk at work I had to turn away from a coworker and pretend I was reading a piece of paper. Priceless.

How come GTFO and STFU aren't on this list of acronyms?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
Haha, I just started laughing so much at my desk at work I had to turn away from a coworker and pretend I was reading a piece of paper. Priceless.

How come GTFO and STFU aren't on this list of acronyms?

I enjoy CTFO for chill TFO, actually just use the acronym around my buddies.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
I'd really like to know how they plan on enforcing this.

About 13 states now have laws with many more expected to follow. Direct observation will be the most used technique of enforcement.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
About 13 states now have laws with many more expected to follow. Direct observation will be the most used technique of enforcement.

I just have a hard time seeing them using this as a reason for pulling somebody over unless they can actually see the person using the phone. Even then, they'd have to be able to prove they were actively texting at the time.

I can see them pulling somebody over for swerving or something and then hit them with this as a secondary thing...

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
I just have a hard time seeing them using this as a reason for pulling somebody over unless they can actually see the person using the phone. Even then, they'd have to be able to prove they were actively texting at the time.

I can see them pulling somebody over for swerving or something and then hit them with this as a secondary thing...

Isn't that about the same as the hands free laws? I thought you could be ticketed for a variety of unsafe driving actions, putting on makeup, etc. Cops arrest people all the time by observing them breaking the law, and they make excellent witnesses on the stand.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
Isn't that about the same as the hands free laws? I thought you could be ticketed for a variety of unsafe driving actions, putting on makeup, etc. Cops arrest people all the time by observing them breaking the law, and they make excellent witnesses on the stand.

With the hands-free thing they can at least see the person holding the phone to their ear.

With texting, the most they would probably be able to see is the person looking down at their lap.