Carl Pavano traded

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Confirmed on espn.com, good luck with that 5.37 ERA Minnesota.

he was supposed to start against us tommorrow, wonder who will pitch instead...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4383523

Maybe it was because of this.

Pavano is 5-1 this season against Detroit (3-0) and Chicago (2-1), the two teams the Twins are trying to catch in the American League Central Division race.

Justin Masterson will start against us on Saturday now.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
It's a good thing that a team that we're fighting with for the division title acquired him?

I was looking more short-sighted than far-sighted I guess.

I was saying that it's good we won't have to face him tomorrow.

The Twins acquired veteran right-hander Carl Pavano on Friday from the Indians in exchange for a player to be named later.

Pavano, 33, in the midst of a somewhat revitalizing season following four disappointing years with the Yankees, adds some veteran presence to the rotation of a Minnesota team that will open a weekend series against Detroit with a 53-55 record, in third place in the AL Central, trailing the division-leading Tigers by 4 1/2 games.

To accomodate Pavano on the 25-man Major League roster, the Twins optioned right-hander R.A. Dickey to Triple-A Rochester.

Pavano went 9-8 in Cleveland -- matching his victory total for 2005-08 in New York -- with a 5.37 ERA in 17 starts and 100 innings. He is expected to join the team tonight in Detroit.

Pavano last pitched on Sunday, making him available for manager Ron Gardenhire to immediately inject him into the rotation.

He is 3-0 with a 1.93 ERA against the Tigers this season.

Tom Singer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

How did this thing happen is what I want to know about it?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
Rumor has it Pavano asked to be traded because he would be facing Beckham tomorrow. I expect him to ask for another trade when he is due to face us as a Twin.

:lolhitting of all the funny Beckham love these past few days I believe this post tops them all.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
The Twins acquired veteran right-hander Carl Pavano on Friday from the Indians in exchange for a player to be named later.

Pavano, 33, in the midst of a somewhat revitalizing season following four disappointing years with the Yankees, adds some veteran presence to the rotation of a Minnesota team that will open a weekend series against Detroit with a 53-55 record, in third place in the AL Central, trailing the division-leading Tigers by 4 1/2 games.

To accomodate Pavano on the 25-man Major League roster, the Twins optioned right-hander R.A. Dickey to Triple-A Rochester.

Pavano went 9-8 in Cleveland -- matching his victory total for 2005-08 in New York -- with a 5.37 ERA in 17 starts and 100 innings. He is expected to join the team tonight in Detroit.

Pavano last pitched on Sunday, making him available for manager Ron Gardenhire to immediately inject him into the rotation.

Tom Singer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

What team worse than Minnesota in the AL would want him?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)

If you can clear waivers after the trade deadline you can get traded.