8/7 Games

Ozzie Ball

Here's Holmberg's final line from the suspended game. Might have covered this before.

Bristol

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Holmberg, D 4.0 2 0 0 2 3 0 3.78

Does Homberg have any upside? If so what is his project AA/AAA timeframe? 2012?

He’s need to start walking a bit more, but he’s having a nice stretch.

He has hit 3 HR's and RBI's in his last 10 games and is hitting the ball better. I read somwhere an assesment of his backstop skills but can't remember where. Does anyone know how good of a catcher he is projected to be? Is he a project like Flowers?

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 03:31 AM)

Holmberg has a lot of upside. He had a nice selection of pitches, and a pretty profound High School pedigree. I’d mark as a potential #3-#4 starter, assuming he can pick up his strikeout rate. He’s very young, so his ETA is up in the air, but given the aggressive timetable of Buddy Bell’s system 2012 is a fairly realistic possibility.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Here's Holmberg's final line from the suspended game. Might have covered this before.

Bristol

Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA

Holmberg, D 4.0 2 0 0 2 3 0 3.78

One of my buddies was scouting the Bristol game the other night, he said Holmberg was absolutely dominant.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
All that talk of Wes Whisler being a candidate to come up for a spot start went out the window tonight.

What talk?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
The more I see Danks season progress, the more I think 2011 should be his estimated time for making the majors.

I think 2011 has always been more realistic.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
Holmberg has a lot of upside. He had a nice selection of pitches, and a pretty profound High School pedigree. I’d mark as a potential #3-#4 starter, assuming he can pick up his strikeout rate. He’s very young, so his ETA is up in the air, but given the aggressive timetable of Buddy Bell’s system 2012 is a fairly realistic possibility.

2012 would be awfully quick.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 12:31 AM)

Very hard to put a timeline on a high-schooler but ya, he's got upside and he could be a very good one but I think any guesses right now would be very generalized.

If things went really well he'd hit AA in 2011 or so (that would allow for at least a full season in A ball).