Indians (47-62) @ White Sox (56-54) 6:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
It was a great bunt, but Gordon was called out for running inside the line, which is a horrendous rule. The bag is inside the freaking line, not sure where the hell Beckham is supposed to run.

Stoney and Hawks said it was a good call, but it looked to me like he was not THAT far inside the line...looked like he just ran straight up the line to me. Since he was trying to beat the throw there was no need to circle the base and thus take the wide turn at first. I thought the call was a WTH, but if Stoney thinks it good, Ill go with that.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:10 AM)
Stoney and Hawks said it was a good call, but it looked to me like he was not THAT far inside the line...looked like he just ran straight up the line to me. Since he was trying to beat the throw there was no need to circle the base and thus take the wide turn at first. I thought the call was a WTH, but if Stoney thinks it good, Ill go with that.

He was outside the line and got hit by the throw. It was an obvious call.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
He was outside the line and got hit by the throw. It was an obvious call.

The play happened fast and I didn't really pay attention when they did the replay...we got the run anyway so it all worked out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)
Bob might as well hit the first batter to get that over with.

Bench clearing brawl in the ninth?

That would be great...get Jenks suspended for 5 games. Hawk needs to get over it. Lewis wasn't trying to hit Pods, he was just overthrowing his cutter way too much.