Most ethical congress evah!

EvilMonkey

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9080703620.html

The key paragraph:

After a year-long investigation, the committee told Dodd and Conrad that it found "no substantial credible evidence" that they had violated the Senate's ethics rules. The committee found that the senators' loans were processed through a special, controversial program, but that they did not appear to profit financially from it

Yeah, right.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 09:20 AM)

No they didn't profit financially. Lower rates, points shaved off their mortgages......nothing financial in those two things...GMAFB...You have to have ethics to violate ethics...

Hopefully Dodd will have plenty of time to take care of his prostate after the next election. His dad was crooked and so is he.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:56 PM)
No they didn't profit financially. Lower rates, points shaved off their mortgages......nothing financial in those two things...GMAFB...You have to have ethics to violate ethics...

Hopefully Dodd will have plenty of time to take care of his prostate after the next election. His dad was crooked and so is he.

What Dems and GOP fail to realize is that THEY ARE ALL CROOKED! Whether it be through power, money, sex...each and every one of them are crooked. Even the so-called "good" ones.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 02:49 AM)
but seriously do you guys have any sense of history

Hey. Republicans get blasted for sex scandals when they try and be the party of morality, why shouldn't the Dems be blasted for being crooks when they are claiming to be the most transparent and ethical congress ever? They are as coocked or more so than any in history.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Hey. Republicans get blasted for sex scandals when they try and be the party of morality, why shouldn't the Dems be blasted for being crooks when they are claiming to be the most transparent and ethical congress ever? They are as coocked or more so than any in history.

:notworthy

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
Not that I'm going to defend the most obvious of Dem crooks, but isn't the whole "ethics" push Pelosi's thing? These guys are senators. Different boat.

Then maybe Pelosi shouldn't speak about the entire Congress's ethics then...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
Then maybe Pelosi shouldn't speak about the entire Congress's ethics then...

For whatever reason, when people talk about "Congress" they are talking about the House. If you call a senator "Congressman" instead of "Senator" they get snippy.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
For whatever reason, when people talk about "Congress" they are talking about the House. If you call a senator "Congressman" instead of "Senator" they get snippy.

I have to disagree. When most people say 'congress', they lump them both together.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:20 AM)
I have to disagree. When most people say 'congress', they lump them both together.

Well me or you, yeah. In Beltway-speak it really depends on the context. In this case Pelosi may well have been talking about both of them, but I'm sure she knows she can only run what she's in charge of.