Chicago (57-55) at Seattle (58-53) 9:10pm CST

iWiN4PreP

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
I wouldn't be so quick to say Dye would take a pay cut if some team is willing to give him a 3 year deal or so.

thats why I said Maybe, but he does makes a lot of money and u never know with guys like that.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dye keeps slumping like he is, he'll have very few interested teams knocking on his door. He's not even a servicable outfielder anymore probably taking all NL teams out of play. That leaves AL teams with a hole at DH to fill as his only potential suitors. I can't think of a RF in baseball who is worse than Dye defensively (unless Jack Cust plays RF some for Oakland).

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
If Dye keeps slumping like he is, he'll have very few interested teams knocking on his door. He's not even a servicable outfielder anymore probably taking all NL teams out of play. That leaves AL teams with a hole at DH to fill as his only potential suitors. I can't think of a RF in baseball who is worse than Dye defensively (unless Jack Cust plays RF some for Oakland).

Bobby Abreu is pretty awful in the field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Tired bats so far it would seem. No one has hit the ball well tonight for the Sox.

Been the theme of this team on the road for a while.

and to think KW may piss off the big powerful middle of the order.

One thing for sure, consistent playing time does this team no good as far as getting in a rhythm as hittingwise they have not had this since 2006.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
That 2-2 to Gutierrez was a much better pitch, and that was called a ball.

Agree. The ump is all over the place and it's obviously not hurting either pitcher. Although both teams stink at hitting so it's hard to tell.