What Period is it?

SockMe

So my friend and I are sitting in front of these 2 guys in the bleachers at the Cell on saturday night and we started to talk with them. We were just talking about stupid things that people say at the games. And my friend told the story of how when he was at a Cubs game and before the game started the girl next to him leaned over and said, "whats the score". Then the guy behind me said, "I've been taking my wife to Sox games for 35 years and she still asks me how many points do the Sox have and what period is it". LOL. Thought that was funny, anyone have a story like that.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Can I have 2 minutes back in my life for reading this story...I now feel dumber for being subjected to that.

Wow. Really?

Anyways, back on topic. When I go to Cubs/Sox games, which I try to stay away from, most Cubs fans just jack around. It's not a stereotype, it's the truth.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
Wow. Really?

Anyways, back on topic. When I go to Cubs/Sox games, which I try to stay away from, most Cubs fans just jack around. It's not a stereotype, it's the truth.

That would be a great t-shirt, lol

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
So my friend and I are sitting in front of these 2 guys in the bleachers at the Cell on saturday night and we started to talk with them. We were just talking about stupid things that people say at the games. And my friend told the story of how when he was at a Cubs game and before the game started the girl next to him leaned over and said, "whats the score". Then the guy behind me said, "I've been taking my wife to Sox games for 35 years and she still asks me how many points do the Sox have and what period is it". LOL. Thought that was funny, anyone have a story like that.

I actually like bringing newbies to the park. I brought 3 co-workers to a game about a month ago, none of which had ever been to a game, and they barely knew even the basics. Kind of fun to see them figuring it out.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Can I have 2 minutes back in my life for reading this story...I now feel dumber for being subjected to that.

Wilmot, you shouldnt throw stones in glass houses. Seriously

I was at a game back in 93' with a couple of my cousins. There was two girls sitting behind us, some how George Bell must have seen the one girl and sent someone to the stands to give her a note. It had like his phone number on it and mentioned something about meeting him after the game. We didn't know if was real, but the girl replied to the note and we could see the dude go into the dugout and give the note to Bell.

It was really weird.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)

Enjoy the suspension. And to all members, get the hint, posts like the above do nothing to add to the discussions or conversation and you will be suspended or banned.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
I was at a game back in 93' with a couple of my cousins. There was two girls sitting behind us, some how George Bell must have seen the one girl and sent someone to the stands to give her a note. It had like his phone number on it and mentioned something about meeting him after the game. We didn't know if was real, but the girl replied to the note and we could see the dude go into the dugout and give the note to Bell.

It was really weird.

You left out the most important part of the story... was she hot?

When hockey first came to the Tex-Mex border I had the pleasure of sitting in front of a "know it all" who was trying to impress his date. Finally I had to tell him, that's a Zamboni, Zapruder filmed the Kennedy assassination. I'll let him go on believing that icing is a "delay of game" penalty and a power play involves the "bigger defensive players".

For years I'd cringe whenever my wife would ask "how many points" the Sox had and I'd have to bite my tongue and explain it was runs not points. now she and my rotten kids do it to me just to bug me.

In the wake of MBs perfect game, my wife has insisted on taking exception to the term "no hitter" because when hitters put the ball in play she says that's a hit. I've patiently corrected her a dozen times and told her hitting the ball is not the same as getting a hit in baseball. Again, I'm now pretty sure she is being dense on purpose just to bug me.

People get divorced over things like that, don't they?