Lurking before Posting

Texsox

I lurked around school playgrounds for a long time before my first posting.

Seriesly though, I lurked just a little before posting. I had been a longtime WSI guy but was getting fed up with the way that was being run and was looking for something else. Soxtalk was a breath of fresh air.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

Read the MLB Sox site from the sidelines for a few months before starting to post. Jumped into this site — or rather the SoxNet precursor — pretty quickly shortly after it came online since it was a much better fan board than what the MLB site had become.

I waited over a year until posting here. I had posted on WSI before, but when I made the switch to reading this board, I didn't sign up until some thread prompted me to.

Oh man, I just looked up my 1st ever post at WSI, and I was replying to some guy's trade idea of James Baldwin, Paul Konerko, and Sandy Alomar for Paul LoDuca. Yeah, that would have worked out well...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (The Critic @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
I read Soxtalk through a neighbor's window for 6 hours before posting.

Well, I had to wait for them to fall asleep....

I did too! Except I read Soxtalk through SS2k5's window. I had to wait for him to stop posting and fall asleep.

I'm still waiting...

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
I lurked around school playgrounds for a long time before my first posting.

Seriesly though, I lurked just a little before posting. I had been a longtime WSI guy but was getting fed up with the way that was being run and was looking for something else. Soxtalk was a breath of fresh air.

^^similar to what I did. I was aware of Soxtalk, came here to browse now and again, but just got sick of WSI after I got banned like the 3rd or 4th time over trivial s***.