8/11 Games

flavum

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
I wouldn't say Loman is old for A ball, he is still only 23. Seems like the Angels gave up on him a little too quickly. In regards to Schnurstein, I could tell by his demeanor last year and from what I'd heard from BamaJason who had talked to him, that his heart wasn't into baseball anymore. He chose not to accept a demotion last summer. I think Brandon Short of Kanny should get some love. He's averaging a RBI every other game.

Now that I go back and take a closer look at Schnur's numbers, I take it back. Loman's numbers, while similar in K and BB ratios, are far better in core results.

I'd have to assume that Loman will be the 1B in AA next year, assuming he doesn't leave the organization. Castillo isn't going to double-promote. I'll be interested to see what Loman can do there. With good numbers there, he'd be 24 at AA and only maybe a year older than typical for the level... you'd have to start thinking about him.

Does anyone have a clue as to his defense at 1B?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
Now that I go back and take a closer look at Schnur's numbers, I take it back. Loman's numbers, while similar in K and BB ratios, are far better in core results.

I'd have to assume that Loman will be the 1B in AA next year, assuming he doesn't leave the organization. Castillo isn't going to double-promote. I'll be interested to see what Loman can do there. With good numbers there, he'd be 24 at AA and only maybe a year older than typical for the level... you'd have to start thinking about him.

Does anyone have a clue as to his defense at 1B?

I'd imagine Jimmy Gallagher will start next year with B'ham.