Alphabetical Conversation Thread

Texsox

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
Humu­humu­nuku­nuku­āpuaʻa, the Hawaiian reef trigger fish, has only the second longest name for a Hawaiian fish. It means "triggerfish with a snout like a pig", which is pretty cool I guess.

Ice fishing for bass (or any tasty fish for that matter) is something I would like to do with my boys someday. Anyone ever tried it?

Lifeblood not so much for an Odontocete such as Physeter macrocephalus. Sperm whales are more into biger prey like Architeuthis (giant squids), and they leave the krill to the Mysticetes, aka the baleen whales. I can add first-hand accounts to the unreal communal experience that was winter smeltfishing in Chicago. Some nights it was eclectic enough to be our own little Burning Man festival.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
Really, I'm serious. The subject must be changed.

Semelparity is a "spawn and die" strategy common to several salmonid fishes as well and certain eels in the family Anguilidae.

Sox out west makes late nights for me staying awake for the games.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
Semelparity is a "spawn and die" strategy common to several salmonid fishes as well and certain eels in the family Anguilidae.

Sox out west makes late nights for me staying awake for the games.

The good thing is football is here so we can stop suffering from watching the Sox.

Unicorn fish roam in groups feeding on algae. The horn-like appendage between their eyes begins growing when a young fish reaches about 13 cm (5 in) in length, and tends to be a little bigger on males. They are generally not aggressive to each other, but when they do fight they use sharp scalpels by their tails, not their horns, as weapons.