Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 04:17 AM)
I think it's great that we've gotten 4 hits. You have to come through in situations like that. Especially when you are getting paid the big bucks.

Rios batting 3rd and playing right field is probably the worst utilization of his abilities. Let's hope this isn't the norm with him this season.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
I understand that. Regardless Ichiro had all of his momentum coming right towards home plate, he set himself up perfectly, not to mention he has one of the best arms from right field.

Cox should have known that, I understand it's King Felix, and I understand you try to force the issue in games like this, but there was no point to sending him there. He was a long gone.

Yah, I know, I don't disagree with that. The job should have been done to the point where it didn't matter what Ichiro did.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
I understand that. Regardless Ichiro had all of his momentum coming right towards home plate, he set himself up perfectly, not to mention he has one of the best arms from right field.

Cox should have known that, I understand it's King Felix, and I understand you try to force the issue in games like this, but there was no point to sending him there. He was a long gone.

I want to say Ichiro had a defensive blunder earlier in this series

You obviously cant bet on Ichiro being off with his throw, but you also need to think about Thome's %chances of getting a hit off Felix. or % chance of walk followed by hit

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
Yah, I know, I don't disagree with that. The job should have been done to the point where it didn't matter what Ichiro did.

True. Easier said than done with King Felix. Well luckily Mark Buehrle has found his groove thus far. Hopefully we can scratch out a couple in the next inning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
Rios batting 3rd and playing right field is probably the worst utilization of his abilities. Let's hope this isn't the norm with him this season.

I completely agree. He should play CF and bat probably 6th.

Nix was out b/c the plate was blocked.

Thats another thing. You arent just betting against Ichiro's great arm. You're hoping for a slight bobble, a poorly blocked plate. Just in theory you have some chances there that are worth trying to exploit.

besides thome flied out so now we know it didnt matter /green

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
The play-by-play guy for the first three innings is terrible. He sounds like an old drunk.

I just turned it on for an online feed here, but my god I might just go upstairs and listen to Hawk and Steve over this s***.