In Ozzies Shoe's: The Lineup Card

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)
The more I look at it, the more I think whose spot Rios takes in the OF is where he will bad in the line up. Just drop him in. There are valid reasons for anywhere in the lineup. The 3 spot is the least likely.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
Well, Rios is our new 3 hitter, apparently. Who had that?

:)

Dye will get today off and with the off-day tomorrow, that will give him two full days mental break. I like it. Oz usually makes minor switches in the lineup so its to no surprise that Rios will hit 3rd as opposed to them moving Quentin and the rest of the lineup around. Eventually we'll see changes but right now I think Oz wants to see what Rios can do.

Plus, Rios is swinging a hot bat (or was in Toronto) so hell I don't mind it one bit.

Even Dye should realize he needs a day off or two. I wonder if Oz will adress it with him 1-1 or just pencil Rios in today and not speak to Dye about the ultimate plan for Rios.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
Your a genius.... :lol:

Or Should I say: You are a genius :lol:

And I feel pretty strongly that someone will be sitting a lot in September if the team is in the chase. Ozzie will take the next two weeks to find a line up he has confidence in, and it will be used a lot the final four weeks. I just do not see the mad tinkerer moving guys all around down the stretch.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
And I feel pretty strongly that someone will be sitting a lot in September if the team is in the chase. Ozzie will take the next two weeks to find a line up he has confidence in, and it will be used a lot the final four weeks. I just do not see the mad tinkerer moving guys all around down the stretch.

that's because he's managing the Mets