Brewers option Hardy, DFA Bill Hall, fire pitching coach

Balta1701

QUOTE (rockren @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
As a resident in the Madison area...the Crew are kind of like my 2nd team.

I look forward to watching Escobar.

I wonder if he'll hit enough. He might be one of those guys that got insanely hyped but just doesn't end up hitting enough to stick. Kind of like a Pokey Reese or Cesar Itzuris (so to speak). I'd have traded him while the value was high.

He has a very nice set of tools though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I wonder if he'll hit enough. He might be one of those guys that got insanely hyped but just doesn't end up hitting enough to stick. Kind of like a Pokey Reese or Cesar Itzuris (so to speak). I'd have traded him while the value was high.

He has a very nice set of tools though.

I think they held onto him because he has such a great glove. If you look at all the Brewers prospects...you'll read somewhere in the scouting report "his bat can carry the position"...as in you may have to hide him somewhere on defense because he can't pick a ball up.

I think he'll hit for a high average while carrying a low OBP. His speed/SB numbers suggest he'll steal a lot of bases as well. He could be a gold-glove, base-stealing lead-off man for the Brewers down the line...which is what they need as much as anything other than any type of pitching.

Edited by rockren

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Good for Jason, I hope he sticks in the bigs for a little while. I am still angry today that Bourgeois stayed in AAA while Andy Gonzalez was remaining in MLB during a certainly forgettable season.

Outside of 2000 and 2005, 2007 did more for the Sox than any other season since 1994.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Good for Jason, I hope he sticks in the bigs for a little while. I am still angry today that Bourgeois stayed in AAA while Andy Gonzalez was remaining in MLB during a certainly forgettable season.

He was on webgems this morning going up against the wall in right to make a nice catch.