A Rumor that is

LDF

Damn Threets is a LHP too. Rated 10 by BA while Cain is 11th.

As high as 103. They say he is the hardest thrower out their (Majors, Minors, College). They also say thats all he has going for him, so he is a major project right now.

Came from Randy Johnsons home town. Great potential, thats for damn sure.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were to move Colon to SF, would that maybe open up enough salary considerations for us to then turn around and trade Carlos Lee and/or someone else to Pittsburg for Giles and the albatross of Jason Kendall's salary?

Damn Threets is a LHP too.  Rated 10 by BA while Cain is 11th.

As high as 103.  They say he is the hardest thrower out their (Majors, Minors, College).  They also say thats all he has going for him, so he is a major project right now.

Came from Randy Johnsons home town.  Great potential, thats for damn sure.

this last season blew up on him. he totally lost his control, something like malone did with us.

however i will still take a chance with him and insist that he is a throw in

If we were to move Colon to SF, would that maybe open up enough salary considerations for us to then turn around and trade Carlos Lee and/or someone else to Pittsburg for Giles and the albatross of Jason Kendall's salary?

Thats my plan. Wrote an article on that today, Mario's editing it right now.

YASNY, were seeing eye to eye :headbang

pit wants tooooo much, a couple of good pit prospect from oak didn't convince them, what makes you think that clee will do the job, and they are trying to dump salary, what is clee salary?

pit wants tooooo much, a couple of good pit prospect from oak didn't convince them, what makes you think that clee will do the job, and they are trying to dump salary, what is clee salary?

We will be taking on $42Million over 4 years in salary with Kendall. They could then trade Lee, dump his salary and get two good prospects for him. This is a very doable trade, IMO.

Cause the A's weren't gonna take Kendall on as well.

We will be taking on $42Million over 4 years in salary with Kendall. They could then trade Lee, dump his salary and get two good prospects for him.  This is a very doable trade, IMO.

Yep - and if they want prospects, give them Harris or Rowand, Rauch, Ginter, and someone else for those two. Sox will then move Lee and someone for a reliever or a starter.

Or a 3 way where the Sox move Lee to a team who wants him and then uses those prospects and Rauch to land Giles and Kendall.

Thats my plan.  Wrote an article on that today, Mario's editing it right now. 

YASNY, were seeing eye to eye  :headbang

you are seeing eye to eye with the vampire? :D :lol:

Vampire? I'm not sucking on anyone's neck in here..... wait! Where's Steff? :)

Yep - and if they want prospects, give them Harris or Rowand, Rauch, Ginter, and someone else for those two.  Sox will then move Lee and someone for a reliever or a starter. 

Or a 3 way where the Sox move Lee to a team who wants him and then uses those prospects and Rauch to land Giles and Kendall.

i think we have the people to do the trade, cotts, and a slew full of players that you mention, i would even throw in rauch.

however people we forgot one thing, giles has a right to say no, and he mention last yr that the sox were not on the list of teams he would like to play for.

Thats my plan.  Wrote an article on that today, Mario's editing it right now. 

YASNY, were seeing eye to eye  :headbang

you are seeing eye to eye with the vampire? :D :lol:

Vampire? I'm not sucking on anyone's neck in here..... wait! Where's Steff? :)

oh yeah. :headbang :whip

someone mention somewhere that the score was saying that if the sox did trade colon and we are for all practial purpose still in the hunt, this would be another white flag trade,

do you agree.

No, I don't agree. Not if we can get Williams in the deal who is having a great year for SF this year. And, not if we would do the Giles/Kendall trade with the Pirates because we clear Colon's contract.

someone mention somewhere that the score was saying that if the sox did trade colon and we are for all practial purpose still in the hunt, this would be another white flag trade,

do you agree.

If that was the only move we made, yes it would. If it opened the door for us to use Colon's salary base to pay some other quality players, then no.

I disagree if the Sox bought some other guys.  I also think they could still win if they made this move.  The problem is the effect it has on the players.  They'd still have to think they could win and that management still has confidence.

bingo, but making a trade to solidify the pitching by let say the sfo trade does not raise the white flag imo.

however keeping the so call ace is worth more to me than the above situation.

cmon giles mention last yr he didn't want to play for us, do you think he may have chg his mind?

I could only hope so. He wants to stay in the NL, so it will be tough, but the Pirates are just waving the white flag and I don't know why he'd want to stay. If the Sox made the deal they'd be so competitive and he'd be playing in a large market. It would make sense.

Plus if he's dealt, doesn't he have the right to demand a trade or something in the next year?

The way the Pirates are shipping talent out of town, he'd probably give it serious consideration.

I agree. This year we are a lot better team than last year(or at least on paper we are), and after seeing the trades that we have already made to show that we are serious about winning and considering that our pitching staff is doing really good this year so far, Giles would have to be crazy to not want to play for us and keep playing for his loser Pirates.

I could only hope so.  He wants to stay in the NL, so it will be tough, but the Pirates are just waving the white flag and I don't know why he'd want to stay.  If the Sox made the deal they'd be so competitive and he'd be playing in a large market.  It would make sense. 

Plus if he's dealt, doesn't he have the right to demand a trade or something in the next year?

he turn down the yanks a while back. if he did that, do you think he will chg his mind about us.

don';t get me wrong, he would be a great addition for the sox, depending on who we give up.

Hasn't Giles been playing more LF than CF lately? We need a Prototypical CFer...a guy with speed, and good baserunning instincts...NOT someone who tries to pull the ball and hit it out...HRs are not what we need from a leadoff hitter.