A Rumor that is

LDF

I'm still kinda iffy on Ponson too...if we do a trade and sign, maybe...but for all the guys we are giving away in trades this year, I wanna see some committment to the ones we are getting in return. I'm not against Robbie coming back next year to play second...we have no one else MLB ready, cept Willie and i'm not sure he can play everyday in MLB.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still kinda iffy on Ponson too...if we do a trade and sign, maybe...but for all the guys we are giving away in trades this year, I wanna see some committment to the ones we are getting in return. I'm not against Robbie coming back next year to play second...we have no one else MLB ready, cept Willie and i'm not sure he can play everyday in MLB.

watch out for jas if you are bad mouthing his boy ponson. :lol:

we can sign some of the players, but i rather have them walk, we can get sooooo many draft picks nex yr.

Ponson is a very talented pitcher. Every year he has gotten better and he'd be a great pickup. 

I've been saying that for two years now I think  :)

2 yrs, man it seems as it was forever.

Lol....I ended up being right with my fascination of Gagne.

Some other guys I'm fascinated with are Klesko, Kotsay and Lawrence. I think all of them are very solid players.

I'm all for Robbie coming back next year. Some of the plays he has made in his limited time here show that he can still play with the best of them. And he wouldnt cost TOO much for 1 more run with a contender.

Alomar JR is definatley worth bringing back.

Ponson is a very talented pitcher. Every year he has gotten better and he'd be a great pickup. 

I've been saying that for two years now I think  :)

2 yrs, man it seems as it was forever.

Lol....I ended up being right with my fascination of Gagne.

Some other guys I'm fascinated with are Klesko, Kotsay and Lawrence. I think all of them are very solid players.

yeah yeah yeah what ever. :lol: :D

ref roberto, we gave up on a 2b with dlo, and thank god. now is who do we have. we mihgt have a choice but to resign him.

You think next year..we could have...LF CLee, CF Rowand/Harris, RF Ordonez, 3B Crede, SS ???, 2B Alomar, 1B Konerko/Thomas, C Olivo/??.....with Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland guaranteed 3 starters...we have some holes to fill.

You think next year..we could have...LF CLee, CF Rowand/Harris, RF Ordonez, 3B Crede, SS ???, 2B Alomar, 1B Konerko/Thomas, C Olivo/??.....with Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland guaranteed 3 starters...we have some holes to fill.

i will be angry at that prospect esp with rowand and clee being here.

What's wrong with playing Willie at 2nd base in the future? He's good defensively, he's fast, all he needs is to get some hits. And it seemed like his bat was coming around when he was getting playing time at second right before the alomar trade. And he's definitely fun to watch.

What's wrong with playing Willie at 2nd base in the future? He's good defensively, he's fast, all he needs is to get some hits. And it seemed like his bat was coming around when he was getting playing time at second right before the alomar trade. And he's definitely fun to watch.

you answered it yourself, getting hits. with willie at 2b you will have 2 players who can't hit, willie and olvia and you might as well throw in rowand so you got 3 easy outs.

you answered it yourself, getting hits. with willie at 2b you will have 2 players who can't hit, willie and olvia and you might as well throw in rowand so you got 3 easy outs.

Rowand has been hitting well lately, with his limited playing time. And everyone knows if olivo starts going the opposite way again, he'll be a threat again. Besides, with the lineup the sox have, i don't think that willie, rowand, and olivo are the keys to scoring runs.

I agree Yasny...he had raised his average signifigantly(sp?) before he was benched for Everett...and gives his all for every ball hit to him.

I believe that motorcycle accident he had last offseason messed up his swing early in the season. They did the right thing by sending him down and letting him work it out in AAA. But yes, he was starting to come alive at the plate when we got Everett. I'd like to see him start a couple of games a week to keep him sharp. We could rest Everett and Lee each, once a week.

What about if we make the playoffs..??  :huh:

I knew the voice of reason would appear.

This has been a fascinating yet confusing thread. Dealing Colon now would be a scatterbrained idea. Why would we want to diminsh our chances of making the playoffs so we can help put the Giants over the top?

I understand the desire to "have our cake and eat it too" - Deal Colon for pitching that could (emphasized)help us get to the playoffs and that we could have for next season. But I implore everyone to stop thinking about next season. This franchise has not won a World Series much less a playoff series in 86 years - when in a pennant chase for any present title we of all people should not be thinking about next season. The time is now.

With Buehrle, Colon, Garland, and Loaiza - you have the core responsible for the most quality starts in baseball. Why would anyone seek to break that up when you've got the most difficult stretch of the season ahead in August, and priming for the final push in September against division rivals. This staff is keeping the Sox in games. This team has won six straight and is primed for more with Tampa due in for three games over the weekend followed by a big series in Kansas City. The Sox are coming together.

Last nights game was a flashback to 1983. Toronto has the best offense in the league yet they could not blow the game open. Botch didn't help the Sox cause. But in the end the team rallyed - and "won ugly". But pitching keeping the Sox in games was why the '83 team won so many in the second half.

If we make the playoffs we will need Colon. If you are serious at making a run - fill the voids you have. Don't create new ones. We need a #5 starter, we need some bullpen help. Yes, CF could be better, we could use a better defensive SS, I would love to have Giles, etc., etc - but not at the expense of trading Colon now.

If Rowand plays as our starting CF'er next year, I see him hitting a solid .280

He's better than people are giving him credit for, IMO.

I agree on that if he keeps his hands where they currently are and just tries to hit line drives...

This has been a fascinating yet confusing thread. Dealing Colon now would be a scatterbrained idea. Why would we want to diminsh our chances of making the playoffs so we can help put the Giants over the top?

I understand the desire to "have our cake and eat it too" - Deal Colon for pitching that could (emphasized)help us get to the playoffs and that we could have for next season. But I implore everyone to stop thinking about next season. This franchise has not won a World Series much less a playoff series in 86 years - when in a pennant chase for any present title we of all people should not be thinking about next season. The time is now.

With Buehrle, Colon, Garland, and Loaiza - you have the core responsible for the most quality starts in baseball. Why would anyone seek to break that up when you've got the most difficult stretch of the season ahead in August, and priming for the final push in September against division rivals. This staff is keeping the Sox in games. This team has won six straight and is primed for more with Tampa due in for three games over the weekend followed by a big series in Kansas City. The Sox are coming together.

Last nights game was a flashback to 1983. Toronto has the best offense in the league yet they could not blow the game open. Botch didn't help the Sox cause. But in the end the team rallyed - and "won ugly". But pitching keeping the Sox in games was why the '83 team won so many in the second half.

If we make the playoffs we will need Colon. If you are serious at making a run - fill the voids you have. Don't create new ones. We need a #5 starter, we need some bullpen help. Yes, CF could be better, we could use a better defensive SS, I would love to have Giles, etc., etc - but not at the expense of trading Colon now.

The Sox would lose all the rest of their remaining fans if they traded Colon off now. Everyone would scream white flag, and that we were quitting while still in the race. Being 5 games out of a team that is way overachieving, and that people are just waiting to see when they fall apart, they would be crucified in the national media as well.

The Sox would lose all the rest of their remaining fans if they traded Colon off now. Everyone would scream white flag, and that we were quitting while still in the race. Being 5 games out of a team that is way overachieving, and that people are just waiting to see when they fall apart, they would be crucified in the national media as well.

I think it would depend who the trade yields. If we got someone who could step into the rotation right now and contribute, I don't think it would be that bad. After all, Colon hasn't exactly set the world on fire this season...