The Great Sleeping Conundrum

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
Why is it that when I'm awake I never want to go to bed and when I'm asleep I never want to get up?

This world is CRAZY.

This makes 2 things that we agree on tonight. If we had an insomniac group I'd definitely be one of the leaders...

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:40 AM)
This makes 2 things that we agree on tonight. If we had an insomniac group I'd definitely be one of the leaders...

You must be drinking as much as he has then as well. :P Though I actually agree with him on this thread.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
Why is it that when I'm awake I never want to go to bed and when I'm asleep I never want to get up?

This world is CRAZY.

In all honestly, I am the exact same way. I've never really thought about it before, but that's definitely the case. Waking up is so hard for me, yet I never want to go to bed and find ways to stay up (like right now when I'm on Soxtalk instead of sleeping).

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 12:18 AM)
I can totally understand how people get hooked on prescription knock out meds. If I could take a pill that would knock me out cold for 8 hours and I'd wake up clear headed and rested, you'd never be able to get me off of it.

I don't take any medication but I'm pretty active and all over the map so there are at least a few days a week where I feel like I'm pretty much unconcscious for 8 hours. My eyes shut and I don't get up.

Its weird cause as a kid I had horrible sleeping problems but the older I've gotten the better my sleeps have become. I'll always have one day in the week though where I can't sleep.

I think part of the reason I'm pretty good at sleeping is I am very good at handling stress so my mind is free and clear when I pass out.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:18 AM)
I can totally understand how people get hooked on prescription knock out meds. If I could take a pill that would knock me out cold for 8 hours and I'd wake up clear headed and rested, you'd never be able to get me off of it.

I'm terrified at the thought of a pill that knocks me out like that, no matter how nice it would be to already have been asleep so I could get my 8 hours on a night like tonight.

On the other hand, I hate sleeping. I just feel like there is so much more I could be doing while I’m awake, also, I have a slightly irrational fear of not being in control of my own body for long periods of times. It started when I was younger, and kind of carried over. I get a good six-seven hours a night nowadays.