Pretty Cool Blurb that I randomly Caught

Chisoxfn

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/thompso...white-futuresox

Santa Margarita High graduate Trayce Thompson has signed a contract with the Chicago White Sox for $625,000, futuresox.com reported Tuesday.

Here's what the site had to say:

"The minor surprise is that he signed for just under $30,000 over slot. The numbers floating around were a little bit higher. Thompson is the first high draft pick of the White Sox to sign for over slot this year.

It is expected that Thompson will report to Bristol to begin his professional career. Expectations should be reserved for his opening stint because he was regarded as a very raw player taken on the basis of his impressive upside and potential."

Thompson, a 6-4, 200-pound outfielder, was the 61st overall pick in this year's Major League Baseball Draft. Futuresox.com says the organization considers Thompson – son of former Los Angeles Laker Mychal Thompson – a 5-tool type prospect and "could possibly be one of the top prospects in the system."

Thompson received an invitational to tryout for the USA Junior National Team and had committed to UCLA.

Pretty cool to see how referenced FutureSox is starting to get in the main-stream media.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
I'm all for raising the profile of the site.

I know you and I don't get to hear this since we are non-chicagoans, but it gets mentioned quite a bit on ESPN Radio which is pretty cool too. And of course BA and BP are very very aware of FutureSox.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/thompso...white-futuresox

Pretty cool to see how referenced FutureSox is starting to get in the main-stream media.

I still check out Futuresox, believe it or not. Very easy on the eyes, good job. But be careful not to turn the site into just another organizational cheerleader's hype den; don't be afraid to emphasize the prospects' faults/down-sides --- afterall, as you know most will never sniff major league success.