Cub Fan Incident with Beer

elrockinMT

I would be interested in hearing comments of those on Soxtalk able to see Sox games in person at Comiskey. Was this thing with the Cubs fan an aberration or is it regular goulish behavior on the part of their fans? Are our fans prone to acting that low? I thought the Disco Demolition was a low point, but I can't remember things like this happening with our fans in the thirty years since. Cubs fans should be hanging their heads in shame if they have any pride at all.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
It was one fan out of many other ones who would never do this. Judging them by that one fan would be like judging white sox fans by the fan who attacked the umpire.

No, he was completely representative of the Cub fan base. And no, neither Ligue nor Dybas were representatives of ours.

That's just the way it is. Admit it.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
No, he was completely representative of the Cub fan base. And no, neither Ligue nor Dybas were representatives of ours.

That's just the way it is. Admit it.

Dybas was a Cubs fan. I'll also consider him representative of Cubs fan just because.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
A sox fan tossed a beer on Rocco Baldelli a few years ago and it was a scene.

I thought that was unintentional anyways. I remember the moment vaguely, but I thought he was going back for a ball near the wall and a fan, having his beer near the edge, knocked it over.

Also, please don't ever reference anything used on WSI again.

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
Every team has some horses*** fans, including us, but you do hear about stuff happening like this in the Wrigley bleachers all the time. I mean, Wrigley isn't called the "beer garden" for nothing.

Obviously their fans aren't dumping beer on players every game, but more often than any other stadium -- combined -- they'll throw trash on the field.

It's a completely different animal being in those bleachers, where drunkeness is celebrated and renowned throughout the baseball world.

Obviously their fans aren't dumping beer on players every game, but more often than any other stadium -- combined -- they'll throw trash on the field.

It's a completely different animal being in those bleachers, where drunkeness is celebrated and renowned throughout the baseball world.

Good one bro. Lets talk about how wrigley is a giant bar. It's even more interesting the 500th time!!!

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)

I don't know what their fascination is with throwing trash on the field. Does any other team's fans even do that?

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
Never said it wasn't true. It just gets old talking about it because, quite frankly, i couldn't give a s*** about the cubs or how their fans act.

Odd that you're actively involved in a thread titled "Cub Fan Incident" then, yes?

well it is just such a typical cub fan moment. Remember the near riot when fans stole the hats of players in the Dodger bullpen several years ago? Or the fan that charged towards the mound to kill Howry? Or how about the countless times that they have thrown trash on the field? I don't have a problem with most cub fans but this behavior seems to be encouraged by the fan base.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
well it is just such a typical cub fan moment. Remember the near riot when fans stole the hats of players in the Dodger bullpen several years ago? Or the fan that charged towards the mound to kill Howry? Or how about the countless times that they have thrown trash on the field? I don't have a problem with most cub fans but this behavior seems to be encouraged by the fan base.

Reds/Cubs game where Cubs fans got the bright idea of throwing all the souvenier baseballs onto the field at the same time in disgust after a Reds HR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9Kso9q_Ws