Peavy Throws 3 Scoreless

Brian

Jake Peavy Pitches Three Scoreless

SoxNet

Jason Gage

Jake Peavy made his White Sox debut on Thursday, pitching 3 scoreless innings in a rehabilitation start for AAA Charlotte. Peavy started strong, striking out the first three opponents and finished the game with five strikeouts. He also gave up a hit and a walk while throwing a total of 43 pitches (26 strikes).More Detailed Look Into Peavy's Start

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
Phil Rogers is indicating that the timetable is still two more Peavy starts. I imagine we see them add about 20 pitches per outing.

Yeah. I would guess 60-70 next time, than 90+ next time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Why wasnt BA starting for Pawtucket??? A BA vs. Peavy duel may have ended the world!!!!

The stats suggest that BA has been swinging hard in case he hits it since being sent down to AAA. He's hit several homers, had a boatload of Ks, and almost no walks. He may be right in thinking that this approach is his quickest way back to the bigs. I have no idea.

My guess is that he was using that approach and then some vs. Charlotte. I believe that he was hitless during the previous 2 games (and even had a golden sombrero during one). He probably got a breather so that he didn't corkscrew himself into the ground.

This is good news. I would certyainly like Peavy back as soon as possible, but caution tells you to wait his three rehab starts or more and have him here for the September push. The concern with that is how the 4th and/or fifth satrter is doing. Contreras has to step up and pitch an effective game tonight in Oakland.

I don't know if this is elsewhere so I threw it here:

Peavy won't start against Cubs

Chicago White Sox general manager Ken Williams said on Monday that Jake Peavy will not pitch against the Chicago Cubs on Sept. 3 due to the fact he's afraid of the starter re-injuring his ankle in a game with National League rules.

Williams said he doesn't want Peavy to go through the rigors of batting and running the bases in Wrigley Field.

"We're not going to have Jake starting in a National League game," Williams said. "It's not what we want."

According to Williams, Peavy will need at least two more outings before being considered to start a major league game.

ESPN