Dayan Viciedo September cup of coffee?

southsider2k5

I'm going to say no.

Wise will be back, he will be outrighted to Charlotte next week but back up for the 40-man.

Getz, Lillibridge, maybe Fields and/or Betemit.

Link could come up for the BP, perhaps Torres may get another spot start or two depending on Contreras.

Kroeger may come up as well.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm going to say no.

Wise will be back, he will be outrighted to Charlotte next week but back up for the 40-man.

Getz, Lillibridge, maybe Fields and/or Betemit.

Link could come up for the BP, perhaps Torres may get another spot start or two depending on Contreras.

Kroeger may come up as well.

Dewayne Wise is out of options. He'd have to clear waivers.

he has a .706 OPS at double A. Yes he's only 20, but exactly what part of his game suggests big league callup during a division race right now?

IMO there isn't a guy more overrated in our system than Viciedo

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
he has a .706 OPS at double A. Yes he's only 20, but exactly what part of his game suggests big league callup during a division race right now?

If he started the year in Winston-Salem and put up an 800something OPS people wouldn't be calling him overrated. He was too aggressively assigned, but he has adjusted and currently belongs in AA.

If you take away his putrid April, he is hitting .288 with a .407 slugging. Not great, but certainly he belongs at the level and he's only 20.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
If he started the year in Winston-Salem and put up an 800something OPS people wouldn't be calling him overrated. He was too aggressively assigned, but he has adjusted and currently belongs in AA.

If you take away his putrid April, he is hitting .288 with a .407 slugging. Not great, but certainly he belongs at the level and he's only 20.

And people have to remember that there is a cultural adjustment too. Hell, look at what Alexei Ramirez did the first month of 2008.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)

He's the most hyped guy in our system currently with his spring training exposure, his signing over the winter, etc. But not overrated. A 20-year old holding his own in a pitcher's park in a pitcher's league full of prospects is pretty damned good. To me, he has a long way to go, but his arc seems pretty good. I'd like to see the guy spend the offseason losing at least 20 pounds and working on defense, defense, defense.

If he's hitting the same in Birmingham in 2011, then he's overrated and a bust.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
I love you daa, your my boy, but I'm calling your opinion complete bulls***.

i understand alot of people are gonna disagree with what i said....and thats really ok...its just my opinion. Its not like im giving up on Dayan, and I think in terms of ceiling he probably has some of the most upside in the org., but i guess i just think the he's less likely to reach his ceiling than others are

The White Sox gave Viciedo more than double the signing bonus they gave Gordon Beckham. They are also paying him more than double what they are paying Beckham this season, and will do so next year as well.

Viciedo has a ton of errors at 3rd base, so he's a DH right now with a pretty unimpressive OPS in AA. He can get better, but I hope the White Sox wait until he gets better before throwing him to the wolves.

No on the call-up. A lot of people are knocking him but his season in B-ham has been very, very good considering his age, slow start, and the cultural adjustment. He'll be a good one but he is not ready for the majors yet, if even for a cup of coffee.