SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
jesus you people are ridiculous tonight. EVERY team runs out guys like Contreras on a weekly basis. he's been an adequate 5th starter this year and came back from a massive injury. give the guy a f***ing break. without the errors he'd have given up 1 or 2 at most.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if the Sox weren't playing like they just licked a bucket filled with AIDS.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
If other teams pay their #5 starter 10 mill a year, then they have the right to be just as frustrated and pissed about them as we do Contreras.

4 wins, 11 losses...

HE HAD A MASSIVE f***ING INJURY!!!

and the sox are supposed to just eat that salary and dump him for another pitcher who they'd have to ALSO pay a salary to be just as bad? now THAT is a bad business decision.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Contreras would kill to keep that ERA of 5 if he were to complete the season. His last 3 starts have been just awful. He is done.

this one = errors.

and if i recall correctly, buehrle had two pretty brutal games following the perfecto. DFA him.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)

and the sox are supposed to just eat that salary and dump him for another pitcher who they'd have to ALSO pay a salary to be just as bad? now THAT is a bad business decision.

No of course not. But what they ARE supposed to do is get SOME pitching value out of him by putting him back into the pen where he had some success after his last s***storm efforts. Make him the long man, put Carrasco/Torres/Don Cooper/whoever out at #5.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 04:33 AM)
Contreras would kill to keep that ERA of 5 if he were to complete the season. His last 3 starts have been just awful. He is done.

He runs out of gas after about 50 pitches. You can tell as he starts the game over the top, and by the 4th inning, he's throwing from the side.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)

oh, and as for your crystal ball, can i borrow it some time?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 04:35 AM)
He runs out of gas after about 50 pitches. You can tell as he starts the game over the top, and by the 4th inning, he's throwing from the side.

Yup. When he goes to the side, it never, ever, goes right.

And tie game. GET HIM THE f*** OUT

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
this one = errors.

and if i recall correctly, buehrle had two pretty brutal games following the perfecto. DFA him.

I was with you until this. Contreras has had MANY brutal games by now, it's a routine thing. This one just happens to be not as bad as the result would indicate and is twice as bad as it should be because of the piss-poor fielding and mental errors.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)

Regarding the injury, I know that. And I think most people have massive respect for Jose, for coming back like he has and for generally being a super competitor for a long time, particularly in 2005. I am a big fan of his. And I also think he's been jobbed tonight because of half-assed defense.

Having said all of that, he really hasn't been effective for awhile. It's hard to admit that, because we all want him to succeed, for many reasons. But he's not even decent.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:35 AM)

I just don't know how any Sox fan can defend Jose's performance, as a whole, this season. Outside of that strong stretch, he just hasn't given us a good chance to win on a frequent basis.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)

Doesn't take a crystal ball to see that. If you throw a meatball up in the zone to Pujols, what usually happens?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Well, that was quick for the A's to tie it up. Good thing Alexei was playing so far up the middle. Pull him and never start him again!!

Mr. Negative Range strikes again.

If we can see that, why is the manager, the guy who was a shortstop, so blind/stubborn about it?

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:36 AM)
Yup. When he goes to the side, it never, ever, goes right.

And tie game. GET HIM THE f*** OUT

Every pitch from the 4th inning on that he threw was just hanging right over the plate. It's sickening to see what has become of his fork ball. It's like if Kim Kardashian all of a sudden lost her ass in two years.