SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
For a so called "great pitchers manager" Ozzie has no idea about when and where some of his guys need to leave the game.

I actually think Ozzie does a great job with our starters for the most part.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 04:44 AM)
For a so called "great pitchers manager" Ozzie has no idea about when and where some of his guys need to leave the game.

He's actually been much better with this than he used to be. 2006 was one of the worst years I've ever seen with that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Contreras might have to take some accountability for the meatball pitches, walks and hits

Yeah, he gave up one home run to Hairston.

Then he gets the next guy to hit a routine fly ball, Rios drops it.

He hit a guy on 0-2, that's his fault.

The next ball is a routine grounder to Nix. He should be out of the inning.

I don't want excuses saying he should pitch over mistakes. 1) He pitched over one in the previous inning 2) anytime you give a team 5 outs, they will score a lot of runs on you.

I don't know how the official scorer can say that the ball Cust hit was actually a hit. Nix bobbled it for 5 seconds.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:46 PM)
He's actually been much better with this than he used to be. 2006 was one of the worst years I've ever seen with that.

He’s very good with Floyd and Danks. He seems to struggle with The Count and Buehrle. Maybe, he just feels uncomfortable being assertive with veteran pitchers