SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

Losses like this could turn out to be can be the negative turning point of a season. New guy in he outfield, to be kind, not being welcomed in the field. Blame the umps. Poor positioning. Former hero throwing batting practice in the game. Just lots of poison mojo. Hope not, though. Ozzie has to start with backing Rios.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
Yeah, he gave up one home run to Hairston.

Then he gets the next guy to hit a routine fly ball, Rios drops it.

He hit a guy on 0-2, that's his fault.

The next ball is a routine grounder to Nix. He should be out of the inning.

I don't want excuses saying he should pitch over mistakes. 1) He pitched over one in the previous inning 2) anytime you give a team 5 outs, they will score a lot of runs on you.

I don't know how the official scorer can say that the ball Cust hit was actually a hit. Nix bobbled it for 5 seconds.

No, he was running at the ball that was probably at the edge of his range and had trouble stopping and getting his bearings. That would've been a great play if he could've made it (he's done stuff like this before FWIW so he was capable of making it, but still). Far from routine.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:50 AM)
I think he just gives them a longer rope -- thinks they can use their experience to work themselves out of trouble.

Floyd's been awesome at getting big outs late in the game this season.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
In this situation I don't mind bunts, you get 2 runners in scoring position and your best hitter coming to the plate.

I still mind them. We had two runners on and no outs with the top of the order coming up. It's silly to give away an out.

To be fair, at least the bunt was successful. But still, I hate the move.

Edited by Felix