SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 04:24 AM)
Nothing could possibly top the 2003 team in terms of underachieving, but if we don't pick it up, this 2009 version will give it a run.

2006 was way worse than this year. That team seemingly lost a 6 game WC lead at the ASB in no time, and everyone but Dye seemingly quit the last month of the year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
2006 was way worse than this year. That team seemingly lost a 6 game WC lead at the ASB in no time, and everyone but Dye seemingly quit the last month of the year.

The only reason 2006 wasn't heartbreaking is because it came right after 2005. But the second half of that year was painful to watch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
Not having a back-up infielder that can hit from the left side really hurts. If we face any tough righties the next two weeks, it's going to be awful watching Nix have to face them.

Well considering your starting second baseman hits RHP better than LHP, doesn't really make sense for Nix to be better against RHP.

Just a matter of circumstance that Getz is injured and Nix is now starting. I don't think many people thought he'd have a .773 OPS at this point in the season also.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
What's Ozzie doing?

Matt Thornton in the 7th? That probably means Linebrink or Dotel might pitch. Ugh...

Naw, I bet Ozzie lets Thornton go through the 8th

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 04:25 AM)

Someone brought it up in chat 2 gays ago, whether this team was more 2003 or 06ish. I'll say 2003 since we've been more frustrating throughout. Let's hope for a different finish.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 05:29 AM)
Someone brought it up in chat 2 gays ago, whether this team was more 2003 or 06ish. I'll say 2003 since we've been more frustrating throughout. Let's hope for a different finish.

During Interleague play in 2006, that was just about the best performance you'll ever see by a team. We were awesome!

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)

lol