SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:39 AM)
So what do we do with Alexei? It's clear he's not the SS we thought. Move him to 2B and put Beckham back at SS? What do we do with Getz then in this case? Ugh.

I think you have to play out the year like this. Make the change in spring, try to find a 3b, and try to get Getz as many AB's as you can.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
Lots of Walker love in the booth tonight. BTW, I note Huff & Hawk sat next to each other. Why do Stone & Hawk sit at opposite ends of the desk?

It's a different setup in every park. They can afford to give each other space at the Cell cause it's a bit booth. The one at Oakland is smaller I gues.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)
I think you have to play out the year like this. Make the change in spring, try to find a 3b, and try to get Getz as many AB's as you can.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Definitely don't want to make such a change right now. I want this to happen next spring too.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 05:44 AM)
Alright, so I have to ask . . . is Paulie having another one good half, one bad half season?

He looks very weak at the plate, and just isn't making himself a tough out. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Kotsay batting against RHP than Konerko

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
I thought Oakland got Wuertz in the Harden deal, but I could be wrong.

I don't think so.

I thought they got Eric Patterson, Sean Gallagher, and some other guy.

Could have been Wuertz, but I'm not sure.