John Ely starting

Winston-Salem at Frederick

Justin Edwards on the mound

Kannapolis at Asheville

Sauer starting

Bristol vs. Elizabethton

Great Falls at Idaho Falls

Edited by Ozzie Ball

I wasn't listening, but it looks like Donny Lucy came out of the game after getting a hit. Not good, because Adam Ricks had to come in and Jared Price was put on the temporary inactive list for some reason the other day. Hopefully not bereavement, but usually the case.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
I wasn't listening, but it looks like Donny Lucy came out of the game after getting a hit. Not good, because Adam Ricks had to come in and Jared Price was put on the temporary inactive list for some reason the other day. Hopefully not bereavement, but usually the case.

I saw that too - recap says Lucy reached on a base hit to the third baseman, then was PR'd for by Ricks.

Man, ever since that May 2008 injury, things have just gone really badly for Donny. And it seemed back then, at the time of the injury, like he was doing well in AAA and ready to take over as the backup C.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
I saw that too - recap says Lucy reached on a base hit to the third baseman, then was PR'd for by Ricks.

Man, ever since that May 2008 injury, things have just gone really badly for Donny. And it seemed back then, at the time of the injury, like he was doing well in AAA and ready to take over as the backup C.

Thankfully Ricks has worked with a lot of the pitchers on the Barons. I don't know why Price is inactive, but B'ham will need him if Lucy's hurt for any significant time.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
Absolutely. The young guy needs to be given a chance to prove himself over Freddy

Garcia. I fear, however, that this will not be the case.

Freddy will pitch Tuesday either way. Hudson would be replacing Contreras on Wednesday.

1-2-3 7th inning for Hudson. Still under 100 pitches.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
Freddy will pitch Tuesday either way. Hudson would be replacing Contreras on Wednesday.

See, no need to worry about his first start. Just nerves and bleeders and bloops that got him last Sunday. He is the real deal.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
This 2nd announcer in the booth is f***ing terrible.

Edit: talking about the Knights here.

They're both bad, plus the main guy is a complete jerk. I've e-mailed him before, I wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)

Wow, really sounds like Huddy might be up by Wednesday. I think he could benefit from some more time in the minors but the kid is clearly poised.

i really think if we're gonna win this year, which i hope we can, its gonna be without hudson

i think he will be an integral part of our team starting next year (as the 5th starter) and even more so in the future. but for this year, i think we need to do it without him. he was in LOW A at the beginning of this season

that being said, hudson is f'n awesome