Thats a White Sox Winner!!

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
yea, u gotta be excited with the win but for a team that could quite possibly be in the playoffs, we b\cant be playing like this

Yea I understand this, but we just cant change our ways drastically overnight. I see this win as a small step in the right direction, tough to win in Oakland because our record now is 9-28 in the last 37. This performance by Jose will have management decide what to do with him, so its possible this might be it for him. We just have to build on this win, and believe we can take the next 2 out there.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
Dan Hudson might start Wed. I have a link but it says the server is down, its from ChicagoTribune.com

Hahn and Fabian were there and they had to really like what they saw. Huddy had a big time start against one of the best pitching prospects in baseball. He's now out-dueled a whole lot of top 15 pitching prospects this season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
Jose would have looked a lot better if they didn't make four errors behind him.

I'm a Jose fan. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but from what I caught, Hawk referred to 4 A's runs as gifts. That led me to believe we done did errors again. It's getting pretty tiresome... ALL of our starters have paid for this kind of s*** dearly lately. Jose gets another start, rightfully so. He is, after all, our fifth. Not his fault that the SS performs a mating ritual with a two hopper only to be shot down.

*Disclaimer* All of the above statement qualifies only if errors commited by our "defense" played a part in A's runs scored. Hawk parroting the phrase "gift runs" leads me to believe Contreras got had by our Lead Glove calibur defense, or at least pitched to the level of a 5th starter. I know ScoPEDtt (It's a French name, the PED is silent) Hairston knocked it the f*** out of town, but after that I sorta just watched my Pulp Fiction DVD until the later innings. Did you know they smother french fries in mayo over there? Bad.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

No he clearly should have fielded the infield and outfield after releasing his pitches. Not only should he never throw a pitch again, his right arm should be sawed off and given the Bartman Ball treatment at the Cubby Bear.

I'm a Jose fan. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but from what I caught, Hawk referred to 4 A's runs as gifts. That led me to believe we done did errors again. It's getting pretty tiresome... ALL of our starters have paid for this kind of s*** lately. Jose gets another start.

*Disclaimer* All of the above statement qualifies only if errors commited by our "defense" played a part in A's runs scored. The repeated phrase "gift runs" leads me to believe Contreras got had by our Lead Glove calibur defense.

Mistake number 1: Thinking something Hawk said was either logical or correct.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 02:28 AM)
No he clearly should have fielded the infield and outfield after releasing his pitches. Not only should he never throw a pitch again, his right arm should be sawed off and given the Bartman Ball treatment at the Cubby Bear.

I'm a Jose fan. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but from what I caught, Hawk referred to 4 A's runs as gifts. That led me to believe we done did errors again. It's getting pretty tiresome... ALL of our starters have paid for this kind of s*** lately. Jose gets another start.

*Disclaimer* All of the above statement qualifies only if errors commited by our "defense" played a part in A's runs scored. The repeated phrase "gift runs" leads me to believe Contreras got had by our Lead Glove calibur defense.

there was one blatantly bad error with q and rios fighting over an easy fly ball and dropping it. there was a chopper between first and second that could have been made but was ruled a hit and i dont think it was a terrible call by the scorer. also jose hit a guy on an 0-2 count. all that led to the 4 runs beings "gifts" as hawk called them.

Jose wasnt as bad as his number but hes been too inconsistent lately. if he got one more start i wouldnt be against it but hes basically skating on thin ice right now.

I love dj carrasco! :headbang

:cheers ill take the win

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 02:33 AM)
there was one blatantly bad error with q and rios fighting over an easy fly ball and dropping it. there was a chopper between first and second that could have been made but was ruled a hit and i dont think it was a terrible call by the scorer. also jose hit a guy on an 0-2 count. all that led to the 4 runs beings "gifts" as hawk called them.

Jose wasnt as bad as his number but hes been too inconsistent lately. if he got one more start i wouldnt be against it but hes basically skating on thin ice right now.

I love dj carrasco! :headbang

:cheers ill take the win

They also didn't score the play by Q in LF where he kicked the ball and everyone took an extra base on it.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:51 AM)
That ball hit to Nix was definitely an error. Hard to stop the flow when you're not that good and your defense commits two errors in one inning that leads to runs.

Are you referring to the insanely difficult play that Nix tried to make to this right, that only looked close because of his good range, which comes from him being a GOOD fielder?

I'm willing to give Jose a pass for this start, because the defense was atrocious. Remember when Alexei made that error on that ball Nix could've caught for an out? That error made Jose throw more pitches that inning, but he was able to end that inning with a strike-out. That tells me he still has it. But it didn't help him any that Q had an error on a ball that should've been caught by Rios for another out, and that Nix fumbled with another ball near the first base line that could've been another out. All that led to more unnecessary pitches in those innings for Jose and I think he needs to be excused for this one start.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Are you referring to the insanely difficult play that Nix tried to make to this right, that only looked close because of his good range, which comes from him being a GOOD fielder?

It was still an error, regardless of his range getting him there or not.

Sqwert, why wouldn't I like Hawk? He's a legend and he's good?

I only get the Score on my car radio out here, but I also find Rongey's handling of the callers pretty good. Some of those people are nasty.

I am not only positive.

I hated Swish; I don't like the ex Royals relievers we've picked up (I was wrong about Carrasco I admit it); I was down on Lilly; I didn't want Pods signed at the time; I stand up for Wise, but agree he shouldn't be playing much; I think it was STUPID to trade a decent first base prospect for a middle reliever; and I'm not crazy about letting Richard go even though I am excited about Peavy.

That's not a mistake. You can learn a lot about baseball from listening to Hawk. He and Stone are awesome.

Hawk is more of somebody you listen to because you like his passion for the White Sox. Stone is the person you listen to if you want to learn about the game.

Seriously, growing up listening to Hawk, you begin to think that all the umpires are against the White Sox. He really isn't somebody you want to learn the game from.