8/15 Games

Ozzie Ball

I hope Flowers is ok.

Fields 3 for 3 so far. He is hot. He has creamed AAA pitching before, so this is what he should be doing if he's healthy and has a good strategy at the plate.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
Does Williams ever play a position or does he always DH? Why does he usually DH?

He is an outfielder, but has not played the field that I've seen. I really have no insight into this, but my guess is that it's some combination of the Sox believing that the other outfielders at Kanny are better prospects and thus merit the defensive reps OR KW is already polished in the field and doesn't need to work on that aspect. I guess he could be injured.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
It's not a sign that he is going to hit in the Majors, it just means you are incorrect to think the guy can't hit AAA pitching.

Or I was clearly making a joke about a guy who has clearly sucked all year, and really don't care what he did two years ago in AAA.

Miguel Gonzalez was moved to the Barons roster today. Donny Lucy was put on the DL. Jared Price is still on the temporary inactive list, which left only Adam Ricks available to catch. Gonzalez should only be there as a temporary emergency option until Price returns from whatever is keeping him away. The Barons are in Zebulon, NC, which is not far from Bristol, TN/VA. The Barons have to have their playoff roster set by Tuesday. If they needed a long term option at catcher with the absence of Lucy and Price, Gonzalez wouldn't have been promoted. He's there for the short term.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)
Miguel Gonzalez was moved to the Barons roster today. Donny Lucy was put on the DL. Jared Price is still on the temporary inactive list, which left only Adam Ricks available to catch. Gonzalez should only be there as a temporary emergency option until Price returns from whatever is keeping him away. The Barons are in Zebulon, NC, which is not far from Bristol, TN/VA. The Barons have to have their playoff roster set by Tuesday. If they needed a long term option at catcher with the absence of Lucy and Price, Gonzalez wouldn't have been promoted. He's there for the short term.

Maybe he will hold his own and we will have our own 18 year old in AA. :drink

But seriously, that's quite a jump for him, even temporarily. But maybe he will pick something up from some coaches or players in his short time there that can help him.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 12:47 PM)
Maybe he will hold his own and we will have our own 18 year old in AA. :drink

But seriously, that's quite a jump for him, even temporarily. But maybe he will pick something up from some coaches or players in his short time there that can help him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Price is rejoining the team back in B'ham tomorrow and Gonzalez goes back to Bristol. Ricks is playing again today.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)

Any word on what the deal is with Lucy?