SOX @ Oakland, 3:05 PM...CSN/WSCR AM 670

MHizzle85

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Almost like a repeat of your avi.

Pods is an awful defender. I hope he's not brought back next year just for that reason alone.

What the Sox are getting out of Pods offensively this year is a miracle. To expect anything close next year would be foolish. Ride this out and say goodbye.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 06:20 PM)
What the Sox are getting out of Pods offensively this year is a miracle. To expect anything close next year would be foolish. Ride this out and say goodbye.

Agreed, 100%, but I think there's a lot of people here that want him back simply for his bat.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)

I couldn't agree more, but Ozzie's affection for having a speedy leadoff hitter is going to get Pods a contract extension.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
That ball hit off the 17 for LAA, Pods wasnt going to catch that even if he were all the way back, he is too short

If only Rios was in LF today. The only way Pods catches that ball is if he uses the wall to leap up higher. Lets win this one in the 9th. Hell of a performance from Danks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
I couldn't agree more, but Ozzie's affection for having a speedy leadoff hitter is going to get Pods a contract extension.

Nothing wrong with Pods that a defensive replacement in the 8th or 9th won't cure

Dotel follows a 96 MPH fastball with the slow stuff to speed up Hairston's bat even more.

Pods could have had it, and it certainly would have been an out during a night game, but you never expect HIM to make that play..compared to an above-average MLB OFer.

Nix is definitely the goat so far this game...somehow we can never close out "sweep" games. Now we have their closer.

Bailey has a killer WHIP. If he pitched for the Yankees or Red Sox, he's ROY.