8/18 - Sox vs. Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 04:27 AM)
3.0 games back and going in the wrong direction.

I can hear the fat lady warming up.

What direction are we going? Towards .500, where we've been for 2 months now it seems? Being 3 out with our road trip is more like being 7 or 8 out. We're going to have to start playing a lot better baseball immediately if we want games in September to even matter.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
I will say it once again....this team shuts it down too easily.

The Royals suck.

You could say that for the last 3 or 4 years. It's a symptom of the Dyethomenerko middle of the order. These guys give away late at-bats constantly and have for years. It's become the character of the team. It's why we don't rally. And it's the reason, when people yammer about their statistical productivity, that they're not telling the whole story. These guys are a sleepy, slumpy mass of inertia.

Ouch. Thanks, I'd somehow put that one out of my mind.

That was horrible. A good 15 year old player could have thrown him out at the plate. Stupid. He had all the momentum on a shallow fly ball. s*** that play sucked!

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
I can't wait to not have to worry about seeing Garcia and Contreras pitch for this team.

It'll be 2010 by that point.

We didn't promote Garcia to immediately demote or release him, regardless of his performance tonight, so I'd expect to see a healthy dose of both of those bums.

I don't understand how we can try starting Carrasco, Torres and Garcia, yet are seemingly obsessed with avoiding Hudson? Are we afraid he may succeed and present the White Sox with the decision of what to do with Garcia or Contreras? He can't be worst than either of those two.

I hate to say it but this season is about 3 or 4 days from being over. Seriously, it may not be a bad idea to put Peavy on the shelf until spring.

It's so frustrating because there is no reason the team should be as bad as they are. Major disappointment.

What do you think about giving Peavy one or two more starts in AAA and then calling it a season?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 04:31 AM)
It'll be 2010 by that point.

We didn't promote Garcia to immediately demote or release him, regardless of his performance tonight, so I'd expect to see a healthy dose of both of those bums.

I don't understand how we can try starting Carrasco, Torres and Garcia, yet are seemingly obsessed with avoiding Hudson? Are we afraid he may succeed and present the White Sox with the decision of what to do with Garcia or Contreras? He can't be worst than either of those two.

Not to start this again, but it's because Ozzie hates promoting rookies to take the place of veterans. KW had to force Beckham into the lineup and then there was the Poreda stuff.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
You could say that for the last 3 or 4 years. It's a symptom of the Dyethomenerko middle of the order. These guys give away late at-bats constantly and have for years. It's become the character of the team. It's why we don't rally. And it's the reason, when people yammer about their statistical productivity, that they're not telling the whole story. These guys are a sleepy, slumpy mass of inertia.

I agree. Said the same thing, not as well, for the last couple years.

QUOTE (Hollywood_AU @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
I hate to say it but this season is about 3 or 4 days from being over. Seriously, it may not be a bad idea to put Peavy on the shelf until spring.

It's so frustrating because there is no reason the team should be as bad as they are. Major disappointment.

What do you think about giving Peavy one or two more starts in AAA and then calling it a season?

You may be right. The Tigers have an easier schedule and we're merely a .500 team.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Just got back from work, didn't see much. The score isn't insane, so I ask... how was Freddy tonight? Did he have anything?

Don't let anyone fool you. He was not good against a very bad team. Our competition only gets better over the next few weeks. That translates to blow out losses with Freddy on the mound.