Favre Signing with Vikings today

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glazer confirmed it on twitter...

I think it's a bad move for the Vikings if they let him be a gunslinger. Adrian Peterson is the best RB in football IMO, and if in crucial moments they're going to let Favre sling it instead of AP getting a steady diet, it's a bad move.

I'm shocked at how many people were foolish enough to believe Favre when he said he wasn't coming back. He just didn't want to go to camp, and as soon as came broke, he signed. It was obvious this was what was going to happen. And all the people who think this will mess with the Vikings chemistry and all that BS are full of it too, any team that goes from having Sage Rosenfels/Tavaris Jackson as their QB to having Brett Favre as their QB will be happy, even if Brett is about 70 percent of what he once was.

I'm apparently in the minority, but I'm really rooting for him. I'm a Chiefs fan so I don't have any ties to him or the Packers but I have always loved watching him play. Growing up and even recently there were certain players I just loved to watch even though they weren't on my team (Favre, Steve Young, Barry Sanders, Faulk, Peyton Manning). I'm could care less how Minnesota does, but I hope Favre does well. Yes, this drawn out process has been annoying as all hell and it goes beyond ridiculous, but it is what it is. I have always enjoyed watching him play, so I hope he does well enough this year to give me one more year of enjoying to watch him play.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:57 AM)
And...um...doesn't he have a crappy record in domes, especially the Rollerdome?

He had a bad record in domes when he was younger -- that changed over the years and he became better in domes than in the colder weather (in his older age).

He has Peterson behind him -- he's not going to be expected to throw the ball every down like he was a few years ago on the Packers and on the Jets -- he's simply there to loosen the box for Peterson.

I'm excited to see it...I think the difference between the Jets and the Vikings are the Vikings are a real team -- they're good. Favre should make them better. Keep in mind he went to the NFL title game 2 years ago -- not 30 years ago like some seem to think, and he did it without a real running back, too.

Nice to see Tony Romo isn't the most hated QB in the NFL again. :D

As for Favre, he'll play well in spurts, but he'll eventually wear down with that arm / shoulder of his and it'll cost the Vikings big time when it's all said and done. Brett Favre only cares about one thing, and that's Brett Favre.

But I feel sorry for Rosenfals and Jackson. They deserve better than this.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
But I feel sorry for Rosenfals and Jackson. They deserve better than this.

Do they really? Jackson maybe, he had some solid games down the stretch last year, but isn't he hurt? We're not talking about forcing out guys who have been winning super bowls here

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 02:09 AM)
Do they really? Jackson maybe, he had some solid games down the stretch last year, but isn't he hurt? We're not talking about forcing out guys who have been winning super bowls here

I actually think the Vikings would have had a better chance to win the Superbowl with Sage behind center than Favre.

I dunno, I guess if I were those 2, having a guy come in, who wasn't good at all last season, getting that type of money when he's not 100% and he doesn't even have to go through a training camp, it's not really a fair sort of situation.

And how is the Vikings locker room going to welcome Favre I wonder. And how does that affect Brad Childress' authority as a head coach going forward?

Lot of questions to be answered that's for sure.

I'm all for it!

I love teary-eyed retirement interviews, and this guarantees that Favre will deliver his 6th....or 7th....or is it 8th???......teary-eyed "Ah just cayn't do it no mo" on-field post-game interview after the last game of the season. Or maybe halfway through the season. Or maybe after Opening Day.

Nah, probably after the second time he plays the Packers, since that seems to be the motivation for his 8th return from retirement...or is it 9th?....10th??

When Tarvaris Jackson hurt his knee two weeks ago, and I said "Brett Favre, your move". I believe Knightni and one other person corrected me, saying "No, Sage Rosenfels, your move"

har de har har

Favre is such a b****, his first game in Lambeau will be epic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:09 AM)

This whole Favre saga underscores why the Vikings should have been the team that traded for Cutler.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
With every passing moment, Favre is destroying his legacy in the National Football League.

Why. He was a good QB through the first 8 games of last season and two years ago was one of the top 4 QB's in the league when he led a Packer squad to 13 regular season victories and within a field goal of a superbowl birth.

He only began to fail when he hurt his arm and played the final 8 games of his season with a torn shoulder. The fact that he could even play was impressive enough to me.

Now he'll go to Minnesota where he has the best running game in the league, a premiere oline, a great defense, and a solid reciever (Berrian), and a potential weapon (Harvin). He won't be throwing 35 times a game but when he does throw he'll have tons of options cause teams will not be able to have there safeties double receivers cause they will be focused on stopping the running game.

Favre is going into a perfect situation and he immediately makes the Vikings my pick to win the NFC.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
I actually think the Vikings would have had a better chance to win the Superbowl with Sage behind center than Favre.

I dunno, I guess if I were those 2, having a guy come in, who wasn't good at all last season, getting that type of money when he's not 100% and he doesn't even have to go through a training camp, it's not really a fair sort of situation.

And how is the Vikings locker room going to welcome Favre I wonder. And how does that affect Brad Childress' authority as a head coach going forward?

Lot of questions to be answered that's for sure.

And you my friend are nuts. Favre is going to be huge. And you wonder how the locker room will welcome Favre, the Viking team leaders and the Vikings have been going after Favre non-stop. It never stopped according to Mort and Glazer (per the radio interviews I heard).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
Why. He was a good QB through the first 8 games of last season and two years ago was one of the top 4 QB's in the league when he led a Packer squad to 13 regular season victories and within a field goal of a superbowl birth.

He only began to fail when he hurt his arm and played the final 8 games of his season with a torn shoulder. The fact that he could even play was impressive enough to me.

Now he'll go to Minnesota where he has the best running game in the league, a premiere oline, a great defense, and a solid reciever (Berrian), and a potential weapon (Harvin). He won't be throwing 35 times a game but when he does throw he'll have tons of options cause teams will not be able to have there safeties double receivers cause they will be focused on stopping the running game.

Favre is going into a perfect situation and he immediately makes the Bears my pick to win the NFC.

i like how everything you said prior to the bolded comment completely contradicts what you are saying in your final statement, lol

Edited by KyYlE23