Favre Signing with Vikings today

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
Wow. I hope he falls on his face.

As a Packer fan I can't wait till he comes to Green Bay. We are gonna kick his ass.

Well that's just terrible. Booing the greatest player your franchise has ever seen.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Well that's just terrible. Booing the greatest player your franchise has ever seen.

Playing on a rival to spite your franchise, so if he wanted to say "f*** him" that's totally understandable.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Playing on a rival to spite your franchise, so if he wanted to say "f*** him" that's totally understandable.

TT wanted to give Rodgers a shot and deservedly so. I'm sure Favre would love to still be a Packer but why would he want to be the backup when he is still capable of starting.

Not to spite, Vikings are just a better fit, not the ideal fit for Packers fans but it was inevitable.

League wouldn't be the same without him, I'm glad he is back but at the same time Im not given he stayed in the division.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Favre retired than unretired and the retired and than wanted to come back. At that point the Packers said enough is enough. I don't blame them.

I'm a Packer fan not a Brett Favre fan. I will go backing to liking Favre after he retires(like about 5 years to make sure), but while he is on the Vikings he is an enemy.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Favre retired than unretired and the retired and than wanted to come back. At that point the Packers said enough is enough. I don't blame them.

I'm a Packer fan not a Brett Favre fan. I will go backing to liking Favre after he retires(like about 5 years to make sure), but while he is on the Vikings he is an enemy.

Most likely since you've been alive, the Pack has been Brett Favre. They are the same entity. It would be like booing Frank Thomas, but worse.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Most likely since you've been alive, the Pack has been Brett Favre. They are the same entity. It would be like booing Frank Thomas, but worse.

What if Frank Thomas went to the Twins and we were facing the Twins in the last game of the year. Winner takes the division. Frank is up with to bat in the 9th with bases loaded, 2 outs, tie game.

Do you hope he hits a grand slam or strikes out?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
The reason why Farve is a bad fit for the Vikings is because he has never been known for making good decisions and keeping the ball safe.

If I was the Vikings Id rather have a QB who is going to be a great game manager and not force throws, than a QB who is going to try and make things happen.

He did a pretty good job of that two years ago when he was in a new offense. Put up prolific numbers and really did a great job. He'll turn it over from time to time but he makes the Vikes so much better.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)

yes but pack fans like myself have supported him through his family problems, vicodin addiction, interceptions and this this feels like a slap in the face

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
I think the packers should worry more about the Lions instead of the Vikings or Bears. 3rd place sounds about right for the Pack.

The Packers aren't much different than the Bears. Packers have the better offense (rodgers is very good, I like Cutler more, but Rodgers has better receivers around him so I'd give the nod to the Packers offense). Defensively the Packers have talent but are in a new scheme so they'll have trouble adjusting and the Bears defense quite frankly sucks and until they prove it doesn't suck on the regular field I will say that. If someone wants to refute it, show me the stats cause all of the stats say that the Bears D has been pretty piss poor since the Super Bowl season.

Vikings are the hands down favorite now. Fewest weaknesses.

Bears have potential (if the Defense pans out and Cutler is able to get enough out of his Wr's, who f***ing suck). Packers have potential as well.

NFC North is a much improved division though.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
What if Frank Thomas went to the Twins and we were facing the Twins in the last game of the year. Winner takes the division. Frank is up with to bat in the 9th with bases loaded, 2 outs, tie game.

Do you hope he hits a grand slam or strikes out?

So, you are saying you would only boo Favre in the last game of the year just as he releases a bomb to the corner? Favre is the Packers Franchise, just like Frank is a huge part of the Sox. I never nor would I ever boo Frank. And Frank never led our franchise to the promised land.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
yes but pack fans like myself have supported him through his family problems, vicodin addiction, interceptions and this this feels like a slap in the face

Because the Packers forced him into retirement and he had to go play for another team? How is that a slap in the face again?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
So, you are saying you would only boo Favre in the last game of the year just as he releases a bomb to the corner? Favre is the Packers Franchise, just like Frank is a huge part of the Sox. I never nor would I ever boo Frank. And Frank never led our franchise to the promised land.

No, I'm not really booing him. I just don't want him to do well for the Vikings. If he does well odds are the Packers won't win the division and The Vikings do. I cheered him on last year with the Jets.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:21 PM)
No, I'm not really booing him. I just don't want him to do well for the Vikings. If he does well odds are the Packers won't win the division and The Vikings do. I cheered him on last year with the Jets.

He sucks, he will benefit you more than hurt you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
Because the Packers forced him into retirement

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Bulls***

Even Peter King thinks this isn't going to work, and he's been covering Favre's retirements for years. He was the guy who Favre told 3 weeks ago that he was staying retired.

"I'm sure I'll regret my decision down the road.''

--Brett Favre, to me, on July 28.

Down the road? That's a pretty short road. More like a driveway.

---

"I'm leaving an incredible opportunity on the table, and that opportunity is not coming back.''

--Favre, July 28.

Yes it is.

---

You would think I think this Brett Favre-to-Minnesota story is great, but I don't. I think it's wrong. I think it's a circus. And I think Minnesota coach Brad Childress is making a mistake.

If I were Childress, I'd have waited until Sage Rosenfels struggled -- if he struggled -- and then made the call to Favre. By doing it now, Childress loses Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson; how can they ever trust anything he says now? I'm sure both are furious, and Rosenfels, particularly, is crushed. And the way Favre talked to me three weeks ago, there's a chance he won't last the season and Childress will have to turn to one of his angry quarterbacks.

What Favre told me late last month he wasn't coming back because he felt totally beat after some hard summer workouts, how could he think he'd have enough stamina to make it through a season? He simply didn't think he'd be able to handle the physical rigors of the season. "I just didn't think my body would hold up the way it had in the past,'' he said.

The perfect scenario would have been for the Vikings to see if Rosenfels or Jackson played well enough through a piece-of-cake early schedule (at Cleveland, at Detroit, San Francisco), and if the position was an Achilles heel, then reach out to Favre to see if he was interested. By doing it now, Childress tells his team he doesn't trust Rosenfels or Jackson. That could come back to haunt him if Favre's body breaks down.

Childress has looked like a desperate man throughout this melodrama. He made it known internally that Favre had to do at least some work in the offseason program or the veteran mini-camp to be considered. Favre never showed. Then he had to come by the start of camp. Favre didn't come, opting for his third false retirement in 17 months. Now the Vikings let him come back after the team has gone through training camp. Favre's the wishy-washiest player in memory -- and the Vikings are his enablers. It's ridiculous.

This isnt comparable to Frank Thomas. Thomas did not fake retirement for 4 straight years. Thomas did not have his little ESPN crying fits for every interview he did for the past 3 years. Thomas would still be playing right now if a team would offer him a contract, he would not claim that he wanted to be with his family and retire just so he could get out of Spring Training.

Brett Favre did all of those things, and now he is playing for a rival just as big as the Bears to the Pack. I would be really pissed off at Frank if he pulled that s*** and ended up in Minnesota.

The drama is old and tired. Im done with it. I hope that he fails so much that he never wants to pick up a ball again. I hope the entire NFC North(including the Lions) forces him into so many bad decisions that he is booed equally at home that he will be in Lambeau.

f*** BRETT FAVRE. THE END

I don't ever wish a player to get hurt in any form, but I hope this asshole gets Bradied the first play from scrimmage he takes. I was fine with Fah'vre until he pulled this s*** last year, let alone this year. I really, really hope someone makes his first play his last.

I guess I can go suspend myself, huh?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
This isnt comparable to Frank Thomas. Thomas did not fake retirement for 4 straight years. Thomas did not have his little ESPN crying fits for every interview he did for the past 3 years. Thomas would still be playing right now if a team would offer him a contract, he would not claim that he wanted to be with his family and retire just so he could get out of Spring Training.

Brett Favre did all of those things, and now he is playing for a rival just as big as the Bears to the Pack. I would be really pissed off at Frank if he pulled that s*** and ended up in Minnesota.

The drama is old and tired. Im done with it. I hope that he fails so much that he never wants to pick up a ball again. I hope the entire NFC North(including the Lions) forces him into so many bad decisions that he is booed equally at home that he will be in Lambeau.

f*** BRETT FAVRE. THE END

I'd boo the s*** out of Frank Thomas if he did something analogous to what Favre has done over the past few years. (He hasn't, so like you said, this is an awful comparison to make without adding a bunch of other hypotheticals).

-Be indecisive, but have the franchise be patient with him and let you make up his own mind as draft get a very good replacement 1B for him to eventually take over

-Be indecisive again, the next year, bristle and say "that's not in my job description" when asked about mentoring the replacement, waffle over retirement and eventually say "I'll stay," still keeping most people on your side

-Retire, cry etc. and say it's finally over, org. moves ahead with plans and allows replacement to finally step in and enter ST as the starting 1B

-Say he didn't really mean it when he wanted to retire and claim the org. forced you out. Trash the management after all the patience they've shown him, displays open animosity. Demand he be allowed to play and start for the Sox again, when they say no, publicly cry and try to demand trade to Cubs, Tigers, Indians, or Twins to spite the Sox. KW trades Frank to the Mets with a poison pill in the deal to keep him off those teams.

-Plays for the Mets for one year, has mediocre season but gets a token All-Star appearance off his name. Has another fake retirement at the end of the year. Claims it's for real this time.

-Now freed from any obligations, sees the Tigers needs a DH, sees perfect opportunity to spite KW. Talks to Twins again in the winter but says it was just talk, but then skips ST to join the Twins at the start of the year and play against one of the Sox' main rivals.

Yes, it would take a lot, but I would DEFINITELY boo Frank Thomas if he had done all those things.

Edited by lostfan

I'm so tired of this crap.

Favre's basically doing hit and runs with teams that are desperate at QB these past two years.

"Hey look, there's a team without a QB, I'll go there, screw it up, and then ditch them for another team that needs a QB by retiring and then coming out of retirement in the off-season."

He's become a whore.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Favre demanded his own locker room? Wow.

That was one of the stories to come out of GB after he left; he didn't even have a locker with the rest of the team in his last couple years. That's one of the things that sold sold me on him being a guy you didn't want.