Favre Signing with Vikings today

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
You were a douchebag by interjecting and calling me one.

I've read how I've been speaking to others, too...and it's really no different than how they spoke to me.

They're all right, I'm all wrong. We have differing opinions on the Packers, Vikings, Bears, Steelers and the NFL as a whole...and so what...I can dish it, I can take it...I don't see it as a bad thing. People are passionate about football, I think it's a good thing.

I said you were acting like a douchebag in the thread, and it's hard to argue that you weren't when you go back and read the things you've said. These are the things that get people suspended, so just take my advice and tone it down a notch. I don't want anything to do with this argument.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 09:32 AM)
I said you were acting like a douchebag in the thread, and it's hard to argue that you weren't when you go back and read the things you've said. These are the things that get people suspended, so just take my advice and tone it down a notch. I don't want anything to do with this argument.

Just re-read everything from where I started posting...I saw nothing that would make me a douchebag other than a little sarcasm -- and it wasn't written in an attack tone at all...how you saw it that way I have no idea.

Until you basically called me a doucebag, nobody called anyone any names.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Nixon @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)
If it makes you feel better I don't think you're a douchebag at all, giving your division opponent a little too much credit sure. Where's the rivalry hate man?

Eh, I'm skeptical of the Packers this year -- I think their offense will be great, but over the years I was somewhat used to the Packers having a better than average offense, with Favre, and now with Rodgers. I think their issue is defense, and since they're switching from the 43 to the 34 defense this year, I foresee disaster.

I watched the Bears get better (undoubtedly) with the addition of Cutler (not to mention a more solid offensive line, if they can stay on the field). Then, I watched the Vikings get better and regardless of what people say, Favre will make the Vikings a better team, they lacked a QB...and even an old Favre is better than what they had, especially with AP standing beside him.

I see the Packers as a #3 team, especially taking their defensive scheme switch into consideration...so of course I'm giving other teams in my division more credit than they possibly deserve...mostly because I'm upset with the direction the Packers are taking.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Just re-read everything from where I started posting...I saw nothing that would make me a douchebag other than a little sarcasm -- and it wasn't written in an attack tone at all...how you saw it that way I have no idea.

Until you basically called me a doucebag, nobody called anyone any names.

You were pretty insulting and dismissive of anyone who disagreed with you.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
You were pretty insulting and dismissive of anyone who disagreed with you.

Not getting that at all.

I was no more or less sarcastic than anyone else. I guess I just don't take things as personally as others. I also tend to call things like I see them. When someone says the Vikings outright suck, I know it's the fan in them talking -- it's hard to take it seriously when everyone knows they may not be the greatest team, but they also don't suck.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
qb even

wr packers

te Bears

OL even

RB Bears

Looks like an edge to the Bears to me

I'd go

QB - Even

WR/TE - Packers

OL - Even

RB - Bears

But to me the Packers just have such an edge in the combined WR/TE department. Yes, the Bears WR's are that bad in my book (at least as of this moment).

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
What if Frank Thomas went to the Twins and we were facing the Twins in the last game of the year. Winner takes the division. Frank is up with to bat in the 9th with bases loaded, 2 outs, tie game.

Do you hope he hits a grand slam or strikes out?

Like Crede signed with Minny and Maggs signed with Detroit?

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
Like Crede signed with Minny and Maggs signed with Detroit?

This is really weak, with all due respect if you think it begins and ends with the fact that he's playing for a division rival then you're not paying attention.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
I'm doing the comparison of a fan favorite joining a rival.

The fan favorite would have to have gone through 3-4 years of soap opera drama and temper tantrums, holding the team hostage and squeezing out every ounce of goodwill, then publicly throwing a tantrum when the team says "enough" then all the things that happen after that. I made a post earlier showing what it would take for me to boo Frank Thomas, Joe Crede, etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 05:29 PM)
Ha, funny, and also true. Mods smack alot of people's points and arguments around with zero consequence.

Mods get warned and/or suspended. You wouldn't know it because it's not something that gets broadcasted just like anybody else. You wouldn't see a mod getting suspended for name-calling or anything like that though because it hardly ever happens (if it did they wouldn't be mods).

I'm amused that you think you know what you're talking about here though (Nixon and me were talking in IM at the time).

Edited by lostfan