Creative editing

EvilMonkey

Remember that picture of the black man holding the assault rifle outside a health care rally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI...player_embedded

Seems MSNBC carefully cropped the video of the BLACK man carrying the rifle and then used that shot as a launching point for talking about 'white people' showing up with guns. The full picture image is available for all to see, does MSNBC think that nobody has seen it? or do they think he is a white guy in blackface? Here is a clip of the same guy from the ABC station out there, which at least gets the whole guy in the shot, even if the incorrectly describe his gun as a 'machine gun'.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 06:50 AM)
i dont know... i've seen the Black guy with the gun all over TV.

I also remember hearing that there were 2 people in the crowd with those semi-automatic guns.

Both are true, as far as I can tell. There were something like a dozen armed men at that rally, at least 2 with AR-15 type rifles.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 06:48 AM)
Remember that picture of the black man holding the assault rifle outside a health care rally?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI...player_embedded

Seems MSNBC carefully cropped the video of the BLACK man carrying the rifle and then used that shot as a launching point for talking about 'white people' showing up with guns. The full picture image is available for all to see, does MSNBC think that nobody has seen it? or do they think he is a white guy in blackface? Here is a clip of the same guy from the ABC station out there, which at least gets the whole guy in the shot, even if the incorrectly describe his gun as a 'machine gun'.

Wow, you sure do like to get a little extreme, huh? They used that video because, while there were reports of about a dozen people packin' heat, his was the one that was most visible. It helped show what they didnt have video of.

Because, ya know, those Fair and Balance guys over at Fox News have NEVER EVER in their wildest dream ever considered editing something Obama has said into the exact opposite by carefully cutting out parts.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
Wow, you sure do like to get a little extreme, huh? They used that video because, while there were reports of about a dozen people packin' heat, his was the one that was most visible. It helped show what they didnt have video of.

Because, ya know, those Fair and Balance guys over at Fox News have NEVER EVER in their wildest dream ever considered editing something Obama has said into the exact opposite by carefully cutting out parts.

So with all that video, they chose to use a 2 second clip that barely showed the weapon even, and have that clip loop several times, instead of showing ANY of the other people? And I am not debating what Fox news does or does not do. I am pointing out the intelectual dishonesty in decrying that whites are bringing guns to these rallys, when the very picture they showed was a black man, they just chose to hide that fact from you. Some of the media would dearly love to make the health care criticisms about Obama instead of about actual health care reforms. That would make it easier for them to dismiss them as racist.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
None of that addresses MSNBC deliberately ignoring the black guy to make a "Racism!" point.

Sorta like confusing party identification for every single republican embroiled in a scandal.

MSNBC is a polemic network. It shouldn't be that surprising.