8/20 Games

danman31

Charlotte @ Durham

Egbert got rocked, couldn't find the zone.

Bham PPD.

Potomac @ Winston-Salem

Edwards with a decent start.

Lexington @ Kannapolis

Escobar 3-3 with a HR. He's actually scorching hot in August, including a damn good walk rate. Go figure.

Leesman also decent.

Idaho Falls @ Great Falls

Bristol @ Princeton

Winston-Salem is probably our least interesting minor league team. I mean i enjoy following Morel and Loman, but they don't really offer any other form of excitement. I'd say Birmingham is my favorite to follow with Brisol, being something of a dark horse, bringing up the rear.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
Winston-Salem is probably our least interesting minor league team. I mean i enjoy following Morel and Loman, but they don't really offer any other forms of excitement. I'd say Birmingham is my favorite to follow with Briso,l being something of a dark horse, bringing up the rear.

I pay attention more to Kanny than Britsol personally. B-Ham and Kanny are 1-2 on what I look at first.

But speaking of Bristol.. Jeffer Patino with a 5-5 night. I don't care how old/young or what level your at, that's always impressive. Kid looks like he has good disipline too.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 20, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
But speaking of Bristol.. Jeffer Patino with a 5-5 night. I don't care how old/young or what level your at, that's always impressive. Kid looks like he has good disipline too.

Yeah, he went 5-5 to raise his average to .183. Everyone has their day...

Winston-Salem is probably our least interesting minor league team. I mean i enjoy following Morel and Loman, but they don't really offer any other form of excitement. I'd say Birmingham is my favorite to follow with Brisol, being something of a dark horse, bringing up the rear.

They're in position to win both halves, I'm interested. Unfortunately, according to Ed Collari, there's no incentive though. If the Barons win the second half, they get 4 home games in the first round of the playoffs. I think they also get home field advantage if the move on to the championship. Plus, W-S has been tremendously successful in close games all season.

Edited by JPN366

I've enjoyed watching Kanny this year. Lots of great pitching on that team's opening roster, though some have since been promoted or traded.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their Opening Day roster included: Dan Hudson, Dexter Carter, Charlie Leesman, Stephen Sauer, Gregory Infante, Justin Edwards, Dan Remenowsky, Tyson Corley, Drew O'Neill, Charlis Burdie, Kyle Bellamy and Nathan Jones.

I don't think any team in our system was in the ballpark as far as that much pitching talent.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)
I've enjoyed watching Kanny this year. Lots of great pitching on that team's opening roster, though some have since been promoted or traded.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe their Opening Day roster included: Dan Hudson, Dexter Carter, Charlie Leesman, Stephen Sauer, Gregory Infante, Justin Edwards, Dan Remenowsky, Tyson Corley, Drew O'Neill, Charlis Burdie, Kyle Bellamy and Nathan Jones.

I don't think any team in our system was in the ballpark as far as that much pitching talent.

Bellamy was drafted this year but other than that you're right.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 21, 2009 -> 07:39 AM)

Yeah, Kanny has been fun to track. Between that team and the Barons especially it has been a fun year to track players in the farm system. Even Charlotte has been interesting at points and is interesting right now.