White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I'm very glad we won.

Praise for Danks and Beckham's defense.

Some bad ball as well:

• AJ thrown out at third before plowhorse Jimmy Thome can even touch home plate on a blast off the wall.

• Just three runs off a hack who threw 95 pitches in four innings and then we score one the rest of the way.

• Dye can't get that big body moving and drops a blooper for a triple?

Little bit frustrating we couldn't knock out Hernandez, but a win is a win especially this time of year with our season on the brink.

Note to Ozzie...glad you decided not to sit Q today! Maybe don't be afraid to sit Dye's ass once in a while.

Note to you: Media reports said he needed 2 days off because of his f***ing injury. Some should consider reading the reasons for some of these moves.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 11:54 PM)
Note to you: Media reports said he needed 2 days off because of his f***ing injury. Some should consider reading the reasons for some of these moves.

If he had been producing over the past month, no one would have made that comment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
Thome is hurting pretty bad. You could see it when they showed him at 1B earlier in that inning.

All the more reason Ozzie should've pinch run for him after he hit that double in the 7th when AJ was thrown out at 3rd for the final out and before Thome had reached home.

I agree on the Oz criticism on the Thome thing. Even I, an Oz lover, said immediately to pinch run for Jimmy.

Luckily the O's bats didn't have it last night and we won a boring 4-1 game. I thought that was pretty big not to run for the plowhorse Jimmy.

Thinking as to why he did that, it's pretty amazing Oz must have thought we might need Jimmy's bat in extra innings. That was interesting to me that he'd think that way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
I agree on the Oz criticism on the Thome thing. Even I, an Oz lover, said immediately to pinch run for Jimmy.

Luckily the O's bats didn't have it last night and we won a boring 4-1 game. I thought that was pretty big not to run for the plowhorse Jimmy.

Thinking as to why he did that, it's pretty amazing Oz must have thought we might need Jimmy's bat in extra innings. That was interesting to me that he'd think that way.

Except that AJ shouldn't have made the 3rd out at 3rd. It was close, but not THAT close. Aggressiveness is good, but, as a baserunner, your first priority is making sure the run scores. Maybe it was Cox's fault, I don't recall seeing that in the replay.