How Good Has Hudson Been This Season?

danman31

How Good Has Hudson Been This Season?

Dan Hudson has been the buzz of the White Sox minor leagues since Gordon Beckham earned his promotion to the White Sox. He started the season in Low-A Kannapolis and is currently pitching for the AAA Charlotte Knights. He has pitched in four levels this season, a mostly unheard of feat. So the question this brings up is how does Hudson’s stellar 2009 stack up against previous pitching prospects in the White Sox system that had torrid campaigns?

--------

I compared Hudson to Gio, DLS, Rauch and BMac. Anyone I missed? What else do you think?

P.S. Soxace: I was going to send you the link, fresh off the "presses," but you signed off a minute before I was finished. Way to bail man. :P

Dan Hudson should be a better bet to stick in the Majors than BMac. Hudson may not have the secondary stuff that McCarthy did, but he has a better fastball and a much safer-looking delivery, and those factors should outweigh what he'd lack in terms of offspeed stuff by comparison. Not saying Hudson doesn't have good secondary stuff, I haven't seen him and I haven't read anything bad about it, but I can't imagine him having a changeup and curveball like BMac did when he came up with us. When he could throw those pitches for strikes he was lights the f*** out.

Both pitchers however seemed to be of the bulldog mentality where they go out there focused and confident and attack hitters.

Maybe Dan Hudson isn't going to be a top-end starter for us and I don't think any of us should put those kinds of expectations on him, but he sure looks like he could be the type of guy who could go out there in a big game and let his balls dangle for 7 high-pressure innings. If he could be a #3-4 for us out of the #5 slot we'd be f***ing sick.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects