Road trip prediction poll.

bobryansson

Poll on predictions for road trip record  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the record on the Not-White Sox->Yankee->Twins trip will be?

• 10-0
    • 9-1
    • 8-2
    • 7-3
    • 6-4
    • 5-5
    • 4-6
    • 3-7
    • 2-8
    • 1-9

2-2 in Boston

1-2 in NY

2-1 in Minny (yes i said it)

1-0 @ Wrigley

= 6-4

Detroit's next 10 games:

3 @ Angels

4 vs Tampa

3 vs Cleveland. (playing decent ball)

It will be important for the Sox to remian close during this road trip because after these next 10 games, Detroit closes the season playing 20 out of 29 games vs teams under .500. While the Sox play 16 out of 27 games vs teams over .500.

I have a feeling the results of the poll will change if we lose today's game to the s*** O's which we could do on a Sunday day game.

1-3 in Boston.

0-3 in NY

1-2 in Minnie for 2-8.

The Cub game could go either way.

My real hope is SOMEHOW

2-2 in Boston (odds of that just aren't good with Boston's home record and recent destroying of Detroit; why should we do better than a good Tiger team in beantown?)

2-1 in NY (beating a team 2 of 3 after they want to kick our ass for what we did to them in the Cell is not likely; plus the Yankees are damn good, especially at home.

2-1 in Minnie (Minnie's getting it back together finally in kicking KC's ass; we don't win in the dome).

That would be a miraculous 6-4 and would likely keep us breathing depending on the Tigers' 10 games. Only way we can do 6-4 is with extraordinary pitching and average defense. We're not capable of great defense, but are capable of average.

Edited by greg775

I love the Sox, but the 09 version has been terribly inconsistent, leaning more bad than good. That said, I think we'll catch a win on Monday with the carmines coming off an emotional series, then go on a bad run. I think this will effectively do them in for this season, but one can dream.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
I hate to say it, but 4-6 looks probable to me...

2-2 in Boston

1-2 in NY

1-2 in Minny (with the way they play there, 0-3 wouldn't be surprising)

I hope I'm wrong.

That's exactly what I was thinking. We get put to bed for the year on this roadtrip. The only thing we will debate is whether or not to shut Peavy down for the year.