GAME THREAD: Sox (63-61) @ Sawx (70-53), 6:10pm CT

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
He is a throwback sox player from the early part of this century. He is a bonified pull monkey. Anyone that throws him an inside pitch should be benched immediately. Just keep feeding him crap off the zone. You throw one fastball down the middle for strike one because he doesnt swing at strike one, and you are set.

Still though, I think he should start over Getz.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 01:47 AM)
this is about to become a f***ing blowout

I logged on to Chisox.com to see MLB Game Day. The story about the Sox jumping out to an early lead didn't fit the box score when it loaded

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)
I hope our guys are pleased with their product tonight. The cool thing is that because its against the Red Cubs they will have enough time to digest it as its played over and over and over and over on ESPN.

We will be getting our noses rubbed in it plenty tonite

i'm basically ready to see Peavy and Hudson as the 4 and 5, but im fairly certain last time we brought a rookie up to start a game in yankee stadium while in the middle of a division race it cost the manager his job

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
despite his cranial malfunctions, can you imagine how much worse this O would be w/o pods?

I'm not a Pods fan but your statement is true. Now, what are the chances he can continue to do what he's done next year? I would say slim to none. KW is going to have to address it, and it probably will cost Dye or Thome a spot on the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 02:00 AM)
In 05 it took Ozzie way too long to remove Carl from the 3 hole. I wonder how long it will take him to remove Dye from the 3 hole this year.

Or bring him to the bench permanently. We have our new 60 million dollar man sitting out 2 of 3 games now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
Yeah, blame Walker.

I will. He is the hitting coach. Is it too much to ask for him to suggest that he swing at the first pitch if its right down the middle. The approach he takes is not condusive to his skill level. He has no plate coverage. Pitcher throws 1st pitch strike to him every time then pitches him away and is overmatched. Time to try a different approach