Are you...

Milkman delivers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could anybody NOT be out at this point? Many of us have said for a long time now that all of those blown games this season would catch up to us on this roadtrip, where a disasterious record over the 11 games would probably kill our season. And that's exactly what is happening. We're just not a good team, not even good enough to win this division.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I've been mentally out since the pathetic showing versus the O's and Royals at home. Way to beat the bad teams, White Sox. NOT.

Only a blind optimist thought we could hold our own on this road trip. Our team showed NO sense of urgency for so long against mediocre teams. It had to catch up with us. Only life we've shown was that great 3 of 4 at home vs. the Yankees. We're going to get payback for that this series where we continue our pathetic freefall.

QUOTE (T R U @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:56 AM)
Im out.

Doesn't mean im not gonna keep following them, just means I have come to the realization that they prolly aren't good enough to take the central. Still hope they do though.

I realized this at the end of July. However, I've never been more excited about the long-term prospects of this franchise since probably the early 1990's.

In typical, "just doing enough to keep you attached" 2009 White Sox, they'll probably sweep the Twins in the dome. Everyone on the team will be playing with no expectations and seemingly no pressure (since we'll be more than 5 out). Additionally, the fear of the dome goblins will be greatly diminished since it will be our final appearance there.

I root till math says no more.

We got 6 games left against Detroit. If Ozzie would just go off like he used to, throw something under the bus, just something, is the spark it needs. He needs to be controversial ("I retire if we win this year") for them to get their mojo.

Buehrle might finally come out of his slump, Floyd is dealing, Danks is a warrior, Peavy is a Cy Young (not a fat one too!) and Freddy still looks like he could be Big Game.

That being said, the time to get good is now.

"Are you....."

pissed? yes

Annoyed? very much so

disappointed? words cannot describe

angry? getting there

still watching? unfortunately my fan-dom makes me a glutton for punishment

bring on September

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)
lots of hardcore fans here :lolhitting

I see the Sox within two before they start their six games vs DET

:headbang

Are you insinuating that if any of us declare that we're out we're not hardcore fans? I hope not. It's just that we're done thinking the Sox can take this thing this year. I'm never done rooting for and following the team. I'm as hardcore a fan as there. I've been living and breathing White Sox since the early 1950's, through thick and thin. I went to more games in any one season in 1970, a year that was probably the worst year in franchise history. A 56-106 record, average attendance was in the vicinity of 6,000 per game. I went to games when there weren't 1,000 fans in the ballpark, which is hard to fathom today. I think I qualify as a hardcore fan.

Granted, there may be a select few who, when they say they're done they mean they're done watching, following, even caring: the fair weather fan. I don't ever want to be confused with that type of fan.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 08:24 AM)
"Are you....."

pissed? yes

Annoyed? very much so

disappointed? words cannot describe

angry? getting there

still watching? unfortunately my fan-dom makes me a glutton for punishment

bring on September

I'm still watching (although I took a break for a few games during the Red Sox series because I couldn't handle watching the stupid mistakes, blown chances, and underachievement anymore, needed a few days off before coming back), but I also realize this team is finished. You can do both, and the one good thing about realizing we're done is the losses simply suck really badly right now, instead of outright hurting.

Edited by whitesoxfan101