Financial News

jasonxctf

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
What i find strange is no mention of job losses in the energy sector....Those jobs have been getting hammered the last two months and that is not represented in the data..

That's more granular than they typically get in terms of sectors, isn't it?

I can't see a political motivation not to mention it. It's happening due to the drops in oil prices, which is something the party of the President and the executive should want to highlight.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:50 AM)
What i find strange is no mention of job losses in the energy sector....Those jobs have been getting hammered the last two months and that is not represented in the data..

It's not "no mention", it's certainly in the numbers, 9k drop in the mining industry, 2k drop in oil and gas, following similar declines in the previous couple months.

But, if you look at the total numbers employed by that industry, mining oil and gas are actually a very small employer overall in the country, so even regular declines by them are easily dwarfed elsewhere (especially if consumer spending can tick up because people have more money).

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Anyone use a credit union?

Do you feel like there's a convenience factor lost? Feel the same as a bank with some perks?

Main convenience lost is nationwide use, but at least for mine they have a partnership with PNC so they have ATM access throughout the region. I generally hate the nationwide bank I use to enable that so it feels like "small inconvenience" in exchange for generally better rates and frankly more effective security.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
Main convenience lost is nationwide use, but at least for mine they have a partnership with PNC so they have ATM access throughout the region. I generally hate the nationwide bank I use to enable that so it feels like "small inconvenience" in exchange for generally better rates and frankly more effective security.

When you say better security is it because they are less attractive targets?

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
When you say better security is it because they are less attractive targets?

No, I can actually see that its harder to log into my account fraudulently. They legitimately have more safeguards in place. Takes me an extra 5 seconds every time.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
DGAF about anon.

These acronyms have to stop, at this point there are just too many, and they're getting more and more ridiculous and long.

And yes, I know what it means.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
Yeah, these last 2 weeks have sucked for my accounts.

A true China recession is long overdue. The only real question is how much their government will let happen, and depending on how bad it gets, how much they can do to stop it.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 24, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Moved all of my retirement account out of the markets Friday.

How old are you?

Seems like a gamble if you still have years and years left before retirement. Timing the market has never worked, even for the pros.