Financial News

jasonxctf

You'll note, I never said or thought it was BO's work when it was going up, I'm the one arguing the fed has blown up another stock bubble by pumping the markets full of zero-interest cash (which, conveniently, is winding down at the same time as the downwards move you're so happy to blame on the President). But of course, it's always me defending Obama, not you guys always attacking him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
9 straight months of the market going up, and not once do you guys point out a connection between the Pres. making a speech, and the moment it starts going down again and the market, it's immediately "Look how it started going down after Obama talked!"

Frankly, so what. Are you out there pointing out everytime something bad happens for Obama, or good for the GOP? Get off of your high horse.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
i think he's pointing out that either you have irrational actors or you are pointing to things that aren't proper indications for presidential approval.

Who ever said they were indicators of Presidential approval? Like I said, you guys are trying to turn this into something it is not. That is the whole problem here. There are a few people here who want to turn this into something hyperpartisan, and then cry about it being partisan. This isn't that complex and conspiratorial, no matter what you all think.

It'd be easier to accept ss2k5's statement if numerous statements were not made in this thread of "ohp markets tanked moments after obamas stimulus speech heheheheheeh" "oooop markets went down as soon as the day opened after his health care speech hehehehehehehe" all over this thread.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
It'd be easier to accept ss2k5's statement if numerous statements were not made in this thread of "ohp markets tanked moments after obamas stimulus speech heheheheheeh" "oooop markets went down as soon as the day opened after his health care speech hehehehehehehe" all over this thread.

Okay, but they did. Just saying.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
9 straight months of the market going up, and not once do you guys point out a connection between the Pres. making a speech, and the moment it starts going down again and the market, it's immediately "Look how it started going down after Obama talked!"

Because as I have said before the huge rally was due to the gov't forcing people to chase yield and the only place they were going to get paid was the stock mkt. They forced people to take risk. That is not a good thing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
You can't have it any way you like it. You can't criticize obama when the the market tanks and claim it was because of his policies and also claim that the market doesn't work off his policies.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 6, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)

And for like the 78th time... THOSE THINGS ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE. You guys have no idea what you are talking about. Let me put it into terms the left wing can understand. You are trying to make the moral equivalency of "Hey we got two feet of snow today, so global warming doesn't exist.", actually true.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
And like I said, if these people are affecting money and changing the market because of a speech, than they are irrational actors

lol. You are pretty much calling the entire country irrational then, because the valuations of companies are set based on order flow that comes to the marketplace. I guess we are back to the idea of not trusting people to make their own decisions.

FWIW. The daily charts left a HUGE buy signal on Friday. We could rally back up to 1110-1111 area before selling off again. But the weeklies had 3 consecutive lows for the first time since the March lows. So we could see a two week rally into expiration before a selloff.

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
FWIW. The daily charts left a HUGE buy signal on Friday. We could rally back up to 1110-1111 area before selling off again. But the weeklies had 3 consecutive lows for the first time since the March lows. So we could see a two week rally into expiration before a selloff.

Unless the President makes a speech.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
Because as I have said before the huge rally was due to the gov't forcing people to chase yield and the only place they were going to get paid was the stock mkt. They forced people to take risk. That is not a good thing.

and guess what the end result of bumping the dividend tax from 15% to 39% will be? Riskier, lower and non-yield stocks will come into greater favor, and value picks tank. We reward risker firms - which is the opposite of what ObamaCo has said they wanted to do. Stupid.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
and guess what the end result of bumping the dividend tax from 15% to 39% will be? Riskier, lower and non-yield stocks will come into greater favor, and value picks tank. We reward risker firms - which is the opposite of what ObamaCo has said they wanted to do. Stupid.

But that is a stupid reason for stocks to be worth less because Obama said it!