Game Thread

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
Sin City,

This place was different a long time ago.

People were critical of players, but there wasnt the "Im done with this team" post after every bad game or outing.

I understand where you are coming from, but a lot of people who have a similar attitude to you just dont feel its worth the time to constantly fight the tide.

As long as this attitude permeates the fan base, we will never win another world series. You can only hear "you suck" so many times before you buy into it and thats all this team heard all season long. With the attitude of our fan base, I'm amazed this team is over .500 as is.....they overperformed when you face the facts. However, if they were supported day in and day out, they would likely be 20-25 games over .500 at this time (and about ready to clinch a playoff spot)

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
As long as this attitude permeates the fan base, we will never win another world series. You can only hear "you suck" so many times before you buy into it and thats all this team heard all season long. With the attitude of our fan base, I'm amazed this team is over .500 as is.....they overperformed when you face the facts. However, if they were supported day in and day out, they would likely be 20-25 games over .500 at this time (and about ready to clinch a playoff spot)

That is a priceless post right there.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
I can safely say it's been a mistake to pick up Rios for this year but what happens if we put him on waivers?That dude hasn't shown anything to deserve the half billion he'll get the next 10 years

I'm glad you can safely say that after playing 10 games with the Sox.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:14 PM)

Then player better.

I don't get paid to be a fan.

They get paid to play.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)

:lolhitting

Maybe we should let the nice man and his goat see the baseball game as well.

goat.jpg

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
No clutch hitting. Below Mediocre bullpen AT BEST. Terrible defense. This formula will translate to many many lost games!!! Buy this formula now for 105 million!!!!!!billy-mays.jpg

This team has definitely bought it because thats all the fans have pitched to it all season long.

I can only assume you attempt at acting like a baseball retard is a joke.

If not, all I can say is the attitude existed on Soxtalk well before 2005. I was on this board towards the end of the 2003 season, and it was no different than now. Even in the fall of 2005 when the lead over Cleveland was shrinking many (including myself) were negative, yet they prevailed anyway. We make no difference.