Game Thread

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I'm starting to get real tired of Alex Rios. I'm starting to realize that he was put on waivers for a reason.

Seasonal averages:

.284 // 16 // 79 // 22 SB

HE HAS 37 AT BATS HERE! 37! LIKE AS IN LESS THAN 40! 10 GAMES!

Jesus christ people.

I need to go to bed i can't read these posts anymore tonight

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
Its never been this negative before. I think it was the worst its been earlier this season and its continually gotten badder as the weeks progressed. I don't care how good you are.....nobody is going to perform well in the face of so much "you suck" adversity.

I need whatever it is you are smoking. Youre out of your mind brother

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
It's not reactionary. If anything it was worse because back then there was no limit to what we could say about other posters and players. You ever think that the negativity of this board has increased because maybe the number of members has increased since 2003? Six more years is going to bring a lot more posters.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?&a...only=&st=20

After the first two pages there are a lot of 2004, 2005 members.

Partly. But a lot of those people ended up getting banned. Everything got real nice around here in late '04-'05 (surprise! haha) but I swear the past 3 or 4 months have been beyond ridiculous.

There was a thread dedicated to Octavio Dotel sucking based on his second outing of SPRING TRAINING! I mean, come on.

I think KW has to be a bit worried about Rios so far. He has shown us nothing and appears to be living up to his underachiever billing. And on another note, is it just me or is our bullpen just collapsing over the past few months?

Shown us nothing???

Clearly you and I aren't watching the same player.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
Shown us nothing???

Clearly you and I aren't watching the same player.

feel free to elaborate. Hes shown you he can catch a routine fly ball in the outfield? Competent outfielders do exist in the majors. Just so happens we havent seen one in years .

I know he has shown zero with the bat

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Partly. But a lot of those people ended up getting banned. Everything got real nice around here in late '04-'05 (surprise! haha) but I swear the past 3 or 4 months have been beyond ridiculous.

There was a thread dedicated to Octavio Dotel sucking based on his second outing of SPRING TRAINING! I mean, come on.

You ever wonder why I (and many others) call the 04-05 years the "Golden Years" of soxtalk? You ever wonder why some outstanding posters don't really post much (or at all) anymore partly because of this? (other reasons as well, but that's another day) It's no secret in my eyes.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
You ever wonder why I (and many others) call the 04-05 years the "Golden Years" of soxtalk? You ever wonder why some outstanding posters don't really post much (or at all) anymore partly because of this? (other reasons as well, but that's another day) It's no secret in my eyes.

Because back then we could swear on the board and now we can't?

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
Because back then we could swear on the board and now we can't?

I have no idea if you were joking, but if you think that's the reason then that's sad. That could fall in the "partly" reason, but even that is pushing it.

feel free to elaborate. Hes shown you he can catch a routine fly ball in the outfield? Competent outfielders do exist in the majors. Just so happens we havent seen one in years .

I know he has shown zero with the bat

It's really funny and ironic that casual fans like me know enough to laugh at posts like yours.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
From Cowley's twitter:

Are you f***ing kidding me? START?!?! IS he saying that they've been taking it easy out there this whole time?

At least he said it. At least he understands that. There are a few guys that don't appear as though they do understand that.

It's clear that several guys are pressing as well. Beckham needs a day off. Quentin is swinging as hard as he can just about every at-bat. AJ has to be feeling like he is one of the few guys who even gets hits anymore.

I'm not sure if I have ever seen a group that looks so lost out there. For a veteran group, we sure don't seem like we have much veteran presence in the dugout. You watch teams like the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Angels....you can feel that they are always in control. Always waiting for the right moment to pounce.

You watch our team, and you feel like they are ready to go home to their wives and kids.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
It's really funny and ironic that casual fans like me know enough to laugh at posts like yours.

well maybe you should become more than a casual fan and open your eyes to what is going on on the field. The stats dont lie. We are in a playoff race. Kenny brought him over here to contribute and he is not...period

This season is bad because of the opportunites wasted. This team has played in a tough division in previous years and lost becasue it was tough (see 2006). They play in as bad a division as there has been in a while and they are blowing it.

This team has gotten maybe 5 big hits all year if that.

The predictability and complacency of this team is what is sad right now.

They can not hit bullpen pitchng at all and never hit a closer.

The station to station baseball is fine when you are hitting but Dye could be the worst player in baseball over the last six weeks and when the Sox get someone he b****es about it.

The roller coaster of this season is getting to people I think. Jeez Gage tried to blow the team in late May and there is no bigger fan than that.

We all know the Sox are the best team in the division and they are giving it away...this is 2003 all over again.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
Good post, iamshack.

I'm sick of everyone saying how AJ should be dealt. Lately, he's been our best offensive player.

While I'll agree Beckham needs a dayoff, he wasn't going to be a .400 hitter since his 0'fer start.

I don't care about his average. He's frustrated. He's not having great at bats anymore. He's swinging at crap and watching pitches right down the middle of the plate. He's popping out meekly. Swinging at every chest-high fastball.

Just needs a mental break. Hopefully he will get it Sept 1st and 2nd when Fields comes up.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)

.216 .231 .378 .609

2 rbis in 37 ABs

1 walk to 10 strikeouts. How the f*** is it that he is helping our offense? He f***ing sucks on offense. Now maybe he wont from here on out, and maybe he won't next year, but so far with the White Sox HE HAS f***ING SUCKED ON OFFENSE, and it is not debatable.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
.216 .231 .378 .609

2 rbis in 37 ABs

1 walk to 10 strikeouts. How the f*** is it that he is helping our offense? He f***ing sucks on offense. Now maybe he wont from here on out, and maybe he won't next year, but so far with the White Sox HE HAS f***ING SUCKED ON OFFENSE, and it is not debatable.

And he might spell the long term end to your guy. ANGRY FIST TO THE GODS

The frustrating thing about Rios is he's had a few chances to really deliver and say, help us win a division, with a big hit.

He's failed like the rest of our guys of late.

The verdict is still out on Mr. 40-40 (not).

Edited by greg775

.216 .231 .378 .609

2 rbis in 37 ABs

10 games and you guys are b****ing about his offense. It will pick up. Seriously, you must be one of those guys who calls for a guy to be traded or fired whenever they hit a slump. It happens. If statistics don't lie, then Rios will get better. And in the field he is definitely doing his job. Maybe we should have kept Anderson, eh? You must have lost your MIND during every one of Konerko's slumps (many in which were part of seasons where he had 30+ HR and 90+ RBIs).

Seriously, quit b****ing. I understand the frustration that our team as a whole is bad, but Jesus, to be s***ting on a guy after his first 10 games with this organization with posts that cover up your words with asterisks is ridiculous.

Sometimes this site just makes me laugh. Some of you come across as mindless, ravenous dogs and not as logical fans.

Edited by TheBigHurt