Game Thread

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
do you dare bring sweaty one back?

He's thrown 88 pitches and the inning starts with the bottom of their order. Unless he says he's done, I think you gamble it, but you have Williams ready to face Ellsbury if anyone gets on.

I said in terms of overall production. I'm sure in the span of 5 months, BA could give you great defense with 15 HR's and a piss poor average if he started everyday, and it would probably cost a ton less. Alex plays great defense, but it doesn't change the fact that he's as easy of an out that BA is.

You're comparing a career .280ish hitter to a career .220ish hitter. That is INSANE.

What a small sample size to crucify someone on.

If we lose this game after Boston has given us two gift runs, I'll be just as upset as last night. Just as you can't spoil a high offensive game, you can't spoil a good performance from Garcia and the other team basically giving you the lead.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
You're comparing a career .280ish hitter to a career .220ish hitter. That is INSANE.

What a small sample size to crucify someone on.

Even in Toronto, he wasn't anywhere near his contract. I'm not only comparing his time with the Sox. I'm also going based on his trends since his all-star year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
Even in Toronto, he wasn't anywhere near his contract. I'm not only comparing his time with the Sox. I'm also going based on his trends since his all-star year.

You cant embarrass yourself with a comparison to BA and then after the fact bring in mention of the contract.

If he's not worth the contract then just say that in the first place. He's way better than BA. BA has done nothing in this game at nearly the same age.