8/25 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
Miguel Gonzalez keeps on hitting. 2-2 currently with a double.

I really like him.

It's a shame he didn't get to play while he was with B'ham. But, I wasn't surprised.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
Miguel Gonzalez keeps on hitting. 2-2 currently with a double.

I really like him.

9 errors and 6 PB so far in 40 games - seems awfully high as an error number for a catcher. That's 30+ errors in a full season. He's young though, so, we'll see.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
9 errors and 6 PB so far in 40 games - seems awfully high as an error number for a catcher. That's 30+ errors in a full season. He's young though, so, we'll see.

You really shouldn't look too far into errors for young kids, especially when they're not even 19 years old yet. Now if he was doing this at 23 at AA then it'd be a much different story.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 01:54 AM)

Yeah he appeared to have something of a meltdown yesterday with three of those errors and one of those passed balls, before that he was doing OK.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
Charlis Burdie (apparently pronounced Charlie Birdie-ay) just keeps on putting up numbers. I really want to see him in an age appropriate league.

Same thing goes for Remenowsky, who just threw 2 IP, struck out 5, for his 22nd save for Kanny. He's 23. Still can't believe he never saw High A this year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
Same thing goes for Remenowsky, who just threw 2 IP, struck out 5, for his 22nd save for Kanny. He's 23. Still can't believe he never saw High A this year.

maybe he'll skip high a next year. either that or the organization isn't too high on his long term potential.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)

Yeah, but he has shown the ability to throw out runners. I'm not sure his throw out rate is currently, but it was above 1/3, I believe, about 2 weeks into the season. He does seem to get a lot of pickoffs as opposed to CS so I'm assuming he's accumulated a couple errors from being too aggressive behind the plate.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
Yeah, but he has shown the ability to throw out runners. I'm not sure his throw out rate is currently, but it was above 1/3, I believe, about 2 weeks into the season. He does seem to get a lot of pickoffs as opposed to CS so I'm assuming he's accumulated a couple errors from being too aggressive behind the plate.

That's a good sign then - I haven't seen his SB/CS numbers much, and milb.com doesn't accumulate them (which is annoying).