• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose

Liney

Pods

Dye

Jenks

List of good contributors destroyed by this board.

Fields

BA

Wise

(Actually, just CF)

Nix

Lillibridge

List of role-players destroyed by this board.

Yes, some of these guys deserve some non-love, but the hate has gone too far this year. I know some people will say they deserve it but let's look at this realistically: they are professionals, they did something to earn the spot, and they did the best they could with what they had. No one is going out on the field looking to fail. If they failed, that's unfortunate for us. But some times people rag on a player that is or has performed well, saying this or that. Sometimes the staff just needs to work with them a little (see Jose's first 5 starts). Basically, this whole "get rid of so-and-so" is getting old. We have what we have, the club needs to deal with it and we as fans need to deal with it.

Things like this are the reason why WSI went to a dictatorship.

All you see most of the time is "I'm done with this team or "this game is ova" after something bad happens in the 2nd inning. Sin city Sox fan is ripped apart because he sound's a bit over the top talking about negative vibes.

I've seen a guy like Caulfield ripped on because he is actually a guy who tries to discuss things and writes more than a paragraph.

I know there are more mature posters on this board who don't play fantasy baseball or know the latest sabermetric stats but who's heart and eyes follow the Sox religiously without posting a hell of a lot may be a bit afraid or cautious about posting because, seriously, no one wants to be ripped to shreds because they don't know every little detail of a players contract or what his UZR is. But I know they're out there because whenever I see the "are you in or out" they show up.

Well I'm on my 5th paragraph so no ones paying attention and I'll be accused of rambling so all I'm asking is that, as frustrating as this team has been ,we should all take a step back from the ledge and ask the people who have more patience and a broader perspective to post more and not let the inmates run the asylum.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Honestly, these threads are somewhat needed to express some frustration, but I don't understand how we feel we need to project our venom onto just 1 player with the way this team is playing.

There is plenty of blame to go around here...it's not just Linebrink...although I admit I cringe every time the guy comes into a game.

Seriously though, I've thrown the remote and cursed out just about every player on the team over the past two games...no need to focus all the rage onto Linebrink.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
Title changed.

If you want to complain about a player, please do not include "sucks" in the title.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but lets be honest, Linebrink has been downright AWFUL over his career in the second half, let alone being bad this whole year. Moreover, I know Linebrink has been very sensitive towards the media when asked about this second half performances. I have a lot of respect for guys when they stand in front of their locker and tell the media "I sucked tonight." Conversely, I have no respect for someone like Linebrink who won't own up to his faults.

In short, Linebrink does suck. The real point of this thread should be why is he still being trotted out there in ANY meaningful game? His fastball is straight as an arrow and he almost never throws the splitter anymore. It sounds like he's done.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but lets be honest, Linebrink has been downright AWFUL over his career in the second half, let alone being bad this whole year. Moreover, I know Linebrink has been very sensitive towards the media when asked about this second half performances. I have a lot of respect for guys when they stand in front of their locker and tell the media "I sucked tonight." Conversely, I have no respect for someone like Linebrink who won't own up to his faults.

In short, Linebrink does suck. The real point of this thread should be why is he still being trotted out there in ANY meaningful game? His fastball is straight as an arrow and he almost never throws the splitter anymore. It sounds like he's done.

If you want to say that he's been pitching badly, fine. If you want to criticize Ozzie for pitching him, fine. But we don't want threads here titled, "X player SUCKS!!!!".