Edward Kennedy dies at 77

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
:pray Amazing life. Ring side seat to some of the most dramatic times in our history. I had the pleasure of seeing him in person last year when he was campaigning for Obama.

I've seen him in person and I think I shook his hand in 2005 when he was out campaigning for my governor.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
I've seen him in person and I think I shook his hand in 2005 when he was out campaigning for my governor.

Pretty interesting guy in person. It was one of the few times I was kind of star struck, thinking I was meeting living history in the first person.

As will I. I watched Joe Biden, I thought his comments were solid.

Obama, on the other hand, f*** him and the horse he rode in on. Seriously. Everything is hackish with this man, and it's bulls***. I'll just leave it at that, but I'm sure this will draw the drones out and support every word he said.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
keep fightin the good war against non-existent soldiers kap

See? There you are.

Obama's the one who had to sit there and say (paraphrasing) Kennedy was subject to partisan attacks, etc. NONE of that had to be brought up today, but he had to get that in there, and that just shows what he's more interested in when passing his messages on.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
Kennedy was one of the standard bearers of the party and a popular partisan target.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ Kennedy to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

And he dished it better then no other. They don't call things Kennedy did "borking" for nothing. But he clearly did some good things as well.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
And he dished it better then no other. They don't call things Kennedy did "borking" for nothing. But he clearly did some good things as well.

No doubt. He was a partisan political lion, and it is impossible to separate him from the partisan political arena. Look at this thread, four posts in an the worst moment of his life was mentioned. Which btw I believe was fair. It probably kept him from being President. I also believe he did far more as a Senator for all these years than he would have done as a President for four or eight years.

It is interesting that he also gained respect from many on the other side of the aisle.

They guy is a great reason you don't have term limits, imo. He knew the ins and outs of procedure and helped hammer out how the impeachment procedures should go on Clinton. Really, regardless of policy, the man was everything a modern senator should be.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 12:21 PM)
No doubt. He was a partisan political lion, and it is impossible to separate him from the partisan political arena. Look at this thread, four posts in an the worst moment of his life was mentioned. Which btw I believe was fair. It probably kept him from being President. I also believe he did far more as a Senator for all these years than he would have done as a President for four or eight years.

It is interesting that he also gained respect from many on the other side of the aisle.

IMO, his best speech was RFK's eulogy. That was his hardest and best moment.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
They guy is a great reason you don't have term limits, imo. He knew the ins and outs of procedure and helped hammer out how the impeachment procedures should go on Clinton. Really, regardless of policy, the man was everything a modern senator should be.

He is (was) a reason that we SHOULD have term limits.

QUOTE (Crash73 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
A man, a patriot, recently dies, and you damn republicans can not just post your respect. He loved this country every bit as much as you.

Yep. He also loved drinking, driving, and leaving the scene of a murder.

But like Michael Jackson, lets forget about the horrible things, and concentrate on his music....