Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
I can't see how Brey is coaching ND next year. His recruiting has been awful ever since the Harangody/Jackson class.

Is Jack Cooley not playing? Plus he had Dragevich coming next year.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
Minnesota-Portland coming down to the wire.

Our offense has just been godawful tonight. Portland is playing some good defense, but we're missing some open shots too.

Good game for Portland. I can't help but be frustrated at some of the s*** the Gophers did near the end of the game when they still had a chance, but hopefully they'll learn from their stupid decisions and actually keep their composure in the future.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
KU wins by 40, Xavier is king!

...and Heads no one is deeper than this years Jayhawks, and we get 2 more additions next semester.

Nope, Rick Majerus said he'd be surprised. I'll agree with the "big Gay guy". :D

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:30 AM)
Did they review it?

Yeah, but it was in some terrible venue so they couldn't tell especially if they had a similar feed to what I was watching. But the pass down the court was thrown with about 2 seconds left and the guy caught it took a dribble jumped and then shot. Just very unlikely he actually got it off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 05:36 AM)
Also, Weber needs to stop playing Jordan. The guy is f***ing terrible at basketball and while the whole team sucked tonight, he was the direct cause of the loss by not rotating back on D after McCamey shot the ball a little too early on Illinois' last possession.

I completely agree with you on this. As much as I respected Frazier as a person, Weber's motion offense works so much better when all 5 players on the court can shoot the ball. When Jordan's in the game, it's shades of Frazier on offense all over again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
I completely agree with you on this. As much as I respected Frazier as a person, Weber's motion offense works so much better when all 5 players on the court can shoot the ball. When Jordan's in the game, it's shades of Frazier on offense all over again.

Well Frazier was at least a great defender and rebounder and could also distribute the ball fairly well by his SR year. Jordan can only dribble with his left hand, is as bad of a shooter as Jordan, is average on defense, doesn't rebound and really doesn't do a good job distributing the ball. This is why once Bertrand is healthy I would play him. I'm still excited about the potential of this team but this is what happens when you rely on freshmen who aren't Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Greg Oden, etc. they are going to have struggles and need to learn how to play in tight games at the college level. But I still would rather have a struggling Brandon Paul on the court than Jordan even at his best.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:43 AM)
You do understand that Freshman are important with the way NCAA Bball is set up right now. It is very rare to see a Junior or Senior star player these days.

Oh I know, but freshmen are going to have bad games and early in the season they can be terrible and your other players need to step up. We have a talented group of JRs but Davis played terrible. Please tell me you remember how bad the Chalmers, Wright, Rush, etc. group looked early in their freshmen years at time and how good they were by the end of the year? That is all I am saying.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
Oh I know, but freshmen are going to have bad games and early in the season they can be terrible and your other players need to step up. We have a talented group of JRs but Davis played terrible. Please tell me you remember how bad the Chalmers, Wright, Rush, etc. group looked early in their freshmen years at time and how good they were by the end of the year? That is all I am saying.

A Freshman in March is basically a Sophmore, I know.

I am hearing Coach Squeaky did not shake the Utah coach's hand after the game?

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
A Freshman in March is basically a Sophmore, I know.

I am hearing Coach Squeaky did not shake the Utah coach's hand after the game?

Looked like he shook his hand but I could be wrong. Part of the problem was the Illinois team was waiting for the officials to review the last play and the Utah players were obviously celebrating. Pretty chaotic.

Also, Mike Davis really pisses me off. He is capable of being such a great player but he just doesn't play with intensity way too often against teams that he sees as lesser opponents.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 11:28 PM)
ND only goes like 7 deep this year. No freshmen in the rotation.

That's Brey's biggest fault. The team is never deeper than 7 or 8.

The bench guys never get any experience or minutes. When they hit the Big East part of the schedule, the big boys tire them out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Is Jack Cooley not playing? Plus he had Dragevich coming next year.

I never thought Cooley was all that good. Sure he's big, but what else is he good at? Just being big isn't enough in a major conference. I'm hoping Dragicevich does well, but he's no Scheyer.