Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Get your numbers out of here. We all know that ISU would beat any team in the nation at least 5/10 times, they're just too clutch.

Not any team -- just the University of Illinois. But then again, UI is only the fifth best team in the state, so it's not saying much.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
Not any team -- just the University of Illinois. But then again, UI is only the fifth best team in the state, so it's not saying much.

5th best? Is this a joke? Green?

Tough one for the Salukis tonight. We never play well in St. Louis.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
The Illini with an impressive seven-point win over the highly ranked Boise State Broncos...oh wait, this is basketball, not football. Oh well, a win's a win.

Boise St +17 was an easy pick. Illinois coming off that great comeback was expected to have a big letdown.

Gophers rolled over Brown today 91-55. They shot ridiculously well and really played well after a terrible road trip.

Brown's Andrew McCarthy is the funniest player to watch, too. He looks ridiculous when he's running up and down the court.. it's really hilarious :P

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 11:02 PM)
Is this years Pac 10 the worst major conference in basketball ever? It might be.

Definitely. Washington is going to come into the tourney with only 3 or 4 losses but be overrated cause of the conference record.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
5th best? Is this a joke? Green?

Well, light-green maybe. I think UI aganist any of ISU, NW, SIU, Bradley is a toss-up. I don't think you can say UI is certainly better than any of those teams, and the Boise State game (at home!) makes that clear. The Big Ten season is going to brutal for UI.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
Well, light-green maybe. I think UI aganist any of ISU, NW, SIU, Bradley is a toss-up. I don't think you can say UI is certainly better than any of those teams, and the Boise State game (at home!) makes that clear. The Big Ten season is going to brutal for UI.

I can say they are better than all of those teams.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Oregon State isn't exactly good.

They aren't great, but they are better then they have shown. They seem to finally be getting it together and reeled off wins @George Washington and Colorado.

Still, 8-0 and just defeated a top 10 team, and still no love. Funny stuff. Games at TCU and at Wichita State up next will be interesting.

Gophers rolled over Morgan State tonight, 94-64. Blake Hoffarber apparently has remembered how to shoot this year, scoring a team high 18 points on 8/11 shooting.

Reggie Holmes for Morgan State put up 27 shots, including 12 threes, on his way to 26 points :o

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 9, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
How the hell did Indiana manage to beat Pitt tonight? It looks like they did it pretty handily.

I had a 2-game parlay tonight. Took Illinois and Pitt straight up. Thanks, Pitt...

Pitt is a freaking terrible basketball team. Truly awful. They were up 15-7 on New Hampshire at half time the other night, Duquesne took them into overtime and Wofford (who actually isn't that bad for a low major) only lost by 3 to them. They also got handled easily by Texas which is the only good team they have faced. They were essentially a 3 man team last year with Blair, Young, and Fields and those guys are all gone now and there is no one to replace them.